Rip DVD using Nero

Hi
Ok, I now u have answered this question probably a million times, but I have to ask it again. I have been browsing the Internet for quite a while now and have not find a clear answer. I have a laptop with Nero 6 on it. I can watch DVD’s no problem. I want to rip my children’s DVD’s to my HDD to an avi file and the view it with VLC. But believe me, I can’t get it right.

Do I need to install / download something else from Nero? If yes, where? I do not want to download and install and test every other free program I can find, please can someone just guide me with nero?

AFAIK, Ner0 doesn’t rip DVDs…You need something like DVDfab HD Decrypter, DVDShrink etc…Once ripped to HDD you can use apps like AutoGk, Fairusewizard, AviDemux, etc. to convert to AVI…
Or if you want an ALL-IN-ONE try DVDFab Plat/Gold, It’ll rip DVD->convert to avi…

You don’t need to convert to avi just to watch with VLC. VLC can play dvd video just fine. The only reason to convert to avi would be to save space.

Get DVDFab HD Decrypter for the decryption/ripping part. It is the free section within DVDFab and will continue to function even after the trial for the main part of DVDFab expires.