Rip dvd to ISO with 4.0.6.2?

vbimport

i only have one dvd-rw writer, and thus, cannot copy directly from dvd to dvd. how do i go about ripping to ISO, or dumping the data in a temp folder?

Welcome to CDF’s:

Set Source and Target to the same drive. It will ask you to change the discs.

Or if you want to save it on your HDD then use target as the folder where you want to to go.

i appreciate it :slight_smile: i didn’t think it would be that simple :stuck_out_tongue:

Even though I have 2 drives I usually don’t ‘burn on the fly’ anyway. I let the program create a temp file which it deletes at the end.

hm, when i try both of those, and click start:
Task_1 failed! Error=100
Process Failed

anyone know what my problem is?

You haven’t told us what software it is. :wink:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;1999881]You haven’t told us what software it is. ;)[/QUOTE]

4062…most likely DVDFab :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=brenton;1999677]hm, when i try both of those, and click start:
Task_1 failed! Error=100
Process Failed[/QUOTE]

Task 1 is aread error
100–>DVD_Error_OpenFile,
is this is a backup/copy then my guess would be the disc was not closed/Finalized

OK let’s go with that :D…

Moved to DVD Fab forum.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1999903]Task 1 is aread error
100–>DVD_Error_OpenFile,
is this is a backup/copy then my guess would be the disc was not closed/Finalized[/QUOTE]

it’s bought used from blockbuster, and the disc looks different than the normal dvd(that you’d buy new), so that may be it?

Give it a clean with isopropyl alcohol and if that fails, polish with either Brasso or toothpaste…

And I am NOT joking !!!

err, it’s not dirty. it’s actually spotless.

:?:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1999903]Task 1 is aread error
100–>DVD_Error_OpenFile,
is this is a backup/copy then my guess would be the disc was not closed/Finalized[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=brenton;2000275]it’s bought used from blockbuster, and the disc looks different than the normal dvd(that you’d buy new), so that may be it?[/QUOTE]

Have you checked the disc to see if it was finalized/closaed :confused:
You can use Nero CD/DVD Speed to check it, if you have it in your toolbox
, if it is not closed then you can use ImgBurn to close it…again if you have it in your toolbox :cool:

haven’t done that, i’ll check now!