Rip DVD sound ONLY

vbimport

Hi… newbie here. Been looking around this site, no luck so far.

My goal… I have some (legally bought) DVD concerts. I want to copy the SOUNDTRACK only so that I can ultimately convert them to MP3 files, and burn onto a regular CD, or maybe a MP3 player (Ipod kinda thing), or in a perfect world… I’d like to burn a bunch of mp3’s to a DVD disk, and find a portable DVD player.

None the less… my FIRST challange is how can I copy the music only off a DVD?? Thanks

Oh… you might wonder WHY lol. with summer here, I’ll be spending HOURS cutting some farm fields and I want to have some music with me (via headphones).

Thanks for any input

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Coyteeprince

Been looking around this site, no luck so far.

I want to copy the SOUNDTRACK only so that I can ultimately convert them to MP3 files, and burn onto a regular CD
Hi and welcome to the forum !

Hopefully this will help you > audio soundtrack from DVD to CD

Tools:
DVD Decrypter
azid and SSRC
Goldwave

Demux audio using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode.

Converting AC3 to WAV… (cmdline)
azid “C:\Your\Audio\File\DVD Audio.ac3” “C:\Your\Audio\File\DVD Audio.wav”

…and the second for normalizing and resampling since CD-players uses 44.1kHz and not 48kHz.

ssrc --rate 44100 --twopass --normalize “C:\Your\Audio\File\DVD Audio.wav” “C:\Your\Audio\File\DVD Edit.wav”

Open your “DVD Edit.wav”-file in Goldwave, mark section(s) (one at a time) you want to put in your cd using the left and right mouse buttons. Press Cpy2 in toolbar to save the section you’ve marked.
Once done burn it in Nero as an Audio CD.
//Danne