Rip/copy with windows explorer

vbimport

Hi

Is it possible to just copy the VIDEO_TS folder on the dvd-disc with windows explorer to my harddisk, while AnyDVD is running in the background?

And the burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a double layer disc.

Or must I use programs like DVDDecrypter, DVD Shrink to rip the content of a dvd-disc, for it to work properly

regards
jegus

Yes you can! ! !

I don’t have a dual-layer burner yet, but I have done it with movie’s 4.35gb or less.

I’m just not sure if they were copy protected or not…

you can but depending on what software you used the disc might not work, ie:- the layer brake info might be wrong.

the best way to make a 1:1 copy of a DL disc is use DvDDecrypter to create the iso in read mode then use write mode to burn the iso.

if DvDDecrypter can`t by-pass the encryption then have AnyDVD running in the back ground.

AnyDVD and DVDD doesn’t work well together. I have tried that with “The Forgotten” DVD Reg 1, and got error messages at the end of ripping process.

you can but depending on what software you used the disc might not work, ie:- the layer brake info might be wrong.

what do you mean with “what software” I used? I’m not using any software when copying with Windows Explorer. Or maybe I misunderstood you :slight_smile:

Do you mean burning software?

yes,

i presume you have just copied the video_ts folder to your harddrive, if you just burn this to a DL dvd then i dought it will work. when you rip the video_ts folder in iso read mode with dvddecrypter the layer brake info is stored in a mds file you need this to get a working copy.

Maybe this will work out?

Create 1:1 copy, and don’t remove layerbreak with DVD Shrink. Save it as an ISO-file. Then use the function “Create DVD MDS File” on the ISO-file, with DVDDecrypter.

Do you think this will work out?

it might it might not, but why involve dvd shrink any way? the latest dvddecrypter is more uptodate for removing css ect.

Never mind, if you read before I edit