Rip/compress main movie without user input?

vbimport

Currently I have DVD Decrypter set up with command line switches to automatically rip the entire DVD without any user input. However, I then have to go back later and remove all the extras and compress it to DVD5 if necessary.

I am looking for a way to rip the main movie and compress it to DVD5 without user input. Is there any software that can do this?

Try the Ripit4Me package in movie only mode. It uses Ripit4Me, DVD Decrypter, FixVTS and DVD Shrink. See http://www.ripit4me.org/

Thanks, I’ll check that out and see if it will work

I looked at ripit4me and it can not be run without any input. So I am still looking for the right software. It may not exist.

Maybe I should explain what I want. This is for an HTPC with no keyboard/mouse. The HTPC software is controlled by a remote, and it has an option to call an outside program/shortcut. The shortcut needs to be set up to do everything automatically so that the software opens, rips the main movie and compresses it to DVD5, and closes when it is finished without the user ever do anything.

There probably isn’t one piece of software that can do it all. I have a few things to try and will post if I figure out how to do it.

This doesn’t answer your question at all about what software can do all that, but, I have a similar set up where I don’t have a mouse attached to my HTPC full time. I can put one on when I need to but mostly I just use the media center remote. Anyway, I use remote desktop a lot to control the machine for ripping or controlling the tv capture card. You could use VNC, as well. I don’t know if that helps you at all but I thought I’d put that out there for you. Good luck!

Right now I am just ripping them on my other computer then sending them to the HTPC over the network. However, when I’m not home and a family member wants to rip a DVD it is a lot easier to tell them to press the DVD Rip button in the HTPC software than it is to explain to them how to use DVD Shrink.

For now the rest of the family can use the DVD Rip button, it will just rip the entire DVD. Then later I can move it over to my computer and run it through DVD Shrink and transfer it back to the HTPC.