Ring Protech or whatever?

Hi folks !

I’ve read all of the topics concerning the copy protection with the “strange ring” on this board which should be the protech thing. I’d like to make a working backup of New world order or / and Inquisition. (They both have bad sectors beginnig at about 98% or so)
It is said in some of the topics that it is possible (well, at leas with the correct settings…) to make a backup but I failed to do so.

My hardware : Liteon 48x Writer / Toshiba DVD 16a2

Is someone out there who can tell me which of the options in ccd I have to check ? I tried for two full days now with all combinations possible. (IBSS off on / FES off on/ subchannel on /off…)

My second question: I don’t like to burn the images to test them. Until now I tried to mount them in the daemon tools to try whether the backup is working or not. Do I have to actually burn the images to test them or can I also just mount the and “say” if they don’t work there the won’t work either when I burn’em. (I’m talking about the titles mentioned above)

Please help.

I’m just curious: on the homepage of cdmate there is among the features: support proring but some users obtained a coaster? Isn’t true then?
Or proring and ringprotech are different?
Greetings.

Ring protech 2 and proring 2 is the same. Concerning this “new” protection, i tested most of the burning programs with titles in Spain that have it: Inquisition, Robin Hood, New world order, Haegemonia, Iron storm and some more.

The results were quite different with CloneCD, blindwrite and Cdmate. I have a plextor 2410a and a toshiba 1402 dvd.

With Cdmate, no matter if i read with my toshy or the plextor. It is very curious with this program because it founds scrambled data into the ring. By the way, coasters…and to be accurate, cds are unreadable in any drive.

With Blindwrite, reading from any drive result in readable cds but ask for the original! (…so it detects it’s a copy)

With cloneCD, partial succeed.Reading from any drive result in a copy that works only in my plextor( no hide cdr media checked). In my toshy with all this games excepting Iron Storm ( and i don´t know why) result in freezing and a windows hang.

Thing this could help…

Good luck!

The homepage of Cdmate speaks about Proring, I didn’t know that there was more than one version, obviously from what you say Proring2 is not supported.

Thanks so far…
But is there really no one who could help me out with working settings ?
Reading the posts above it makes me think that this prot. is, right now, not “reproduceable”…

Try FutureProof’s settings for Iron Storm set out in this thread.

Another method for copying Ring Protech protected cds in a reasonable time is to use the discdump/fireburner combination.

If using this method select laserlock as the dumping method with discdump (yes I know that it’s a different protection but ddump will accept a ring protech cd as being laserlock protected anyway) and then burn the image with fireburner using dao16 or dao96.

Burnatonce can also be used. Enabled the advanced ddump options in the burnatonce ini file and dump with ddump using laserlock mode and then burn the image with the raw driver option checked.

Both methods above and FutureProof’s clonecd profile all tested by me with Iron Storm and all copies successful.

Hi !

None of the proposed methods worked… I used the original, seems that this thing is unbreakable, well at least for me.

cya

Erm, I don’t see how you could have tested both the suggested discdump/fireburner or burnatonce methods in just 14 min since I posted them. :confused:

G’day !

You’re right, I haven’t tried out your method, my post was more addressed to the already mentioned methods with ccd profiles and settings. I came to a point where I could say that I tried every combination possible with no “working” results. Another thing is that the game I want to backup is either NWO or Inquisition, not Iron Storm. I’m more or less a newbie to these copy prots but isn’t it possible that the settings for Iron Storm (and in general the possibility of the chance to find the right settings and programs to successfully copy it) can’t be applied to these games ? On top of that comes that I’m from Europe (Germany). That could mean that there are different copy protections used. (Well, I read that in other posts concerning ring protech…)

In addition to these facts I have neither used Fireburner or Discdump so far and now I can say that after long days of trying to backup these damned games I gave up. But I guess I should give it another shot with your method as soon as my tests (:Z) at university are written…
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Vipow
isn’t it possible that the settings for Iron Storm (and in general the possibility of the chance to find the right settings and programs to successfully copy it) can’t be applied to these games ? On top of that comes that I’m from Europe (Germany). That could mean that there are different copy protections used. (Well, I read that in other posts concerning ring protech…)

The settings for Iron Storm that FutureProof posted for clonecd and that I posted for discdump/fireburner and for burnatonce will work if the protection used is Ring Protech (which is what Iron Storm is protected with here in oz).

I should add that this game is something of a novelty downunder in that, AFAIK, it’s the only game with Ring Protech copy protection ever released here. Accordingly neither fp nor I can test any other Ring Protech protected title.

However (although from your description as well as the point at which the read errors occur, it sounds like Ring Protech), as you say, it’s entirely possible that the games you’re trying to copy use some other type of copy protection. Try using one of the various copy protection scanners and let us know the results.

try clone cd read settings regenerate data, intelligent bad sectors, sector skip 100, fast error auto, read speed data 4X, read speed audio 4X, audio extraction quality Best, Write settings speed Max, weak sectors Ignore depending on you burnners capability (EFM encoding). always close last session. good luck :bigsmile: