Rima Taiyo Yudens

I recently purchased a 100 pk. of Taiyo Yuden 8x Hub Printable DVD+R from Rima.com. I have had horrible scans with this media and am looking for some advice if possible. The media has been burned in the following burners at both 8x and 12x with the same results.

LG GSA-H10N JJ11
Lite-On SHM-165H6S HV9N
BenQ DW1650 BCHC

The MID from these disks read YUDEN000 T02 and the number from the hub are as follows.

Outer hub - TG001162 and 0305
Inner Clear hub - DB619A200898PJ

They’re genuine (not that I doubted it from Rima).

Could you post the scans? Just a heads-up - the BenQ 1650 is “peculiar” about scanning burns from newer LG drives, and LiteOn drives, so your results may look worse when burned on those drives, and scanned on your BenQ.

So maybe you could scan on your LiteOn for us :slight_smile:

Yes, be sure to include your scans, but scan the BenQ burned ones on the 1650 and the LiteOn ones in the LiteOn, and post those, as those will give us an idea if somehow you got a bad batch from Rima (in which case if you tell Rima, you should get some kind of replacement for the remainder, I would think). I once ordered some “BurnMaster” TY from AllMediaOutlet and when I told them of the substandard TY burns on my 1640 (they were consistently burning with 500-1750 PIF totals), they took them all back for credit (minus original shipping, but they paid return shipping). :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I will post the scans as soon a I get a chance. The LG burns and the Lite-On burns were scanned on the Lite-On an the BenQ on the BenQ.

BTW. I also purchased some Verbatim DataLifePlus MCC004 which give excellent results as usual.

LG H10N JJ11
YUDEN000 T02@8x

LG H10N JJ11
YUDEN000 T02@12x

LiteOn SHM-165H6S
YUDEN000 T02@8x

LiteOn SHM-165H6S
YUDEN000 T02@12x

Just for comparison,here are some MCC004 Scans.

Looks very much like you may have a bad batch…

The “H10N JJ11 YUDEN000 T02@8x” scan is tolerable but not good, all the other T02 scans are unacceptable - terrible even. :frowning:

I’m not famailiar with Rima’s policy on RMA, but if possible I suggest you return this batch of T02 for some new ones or some other media.

Has anyone ever dealt with Rima before.Wondering if they would replace these since I have used some?

I’d go with “terrible” for all but the first one…for T02, which usually burns so beautifully.

Lots of the US members here use Rima, so hopefully someone will know a thing or two about their RMA procedure…

You can go to their website and e-mail them, I am sure they will replace them but I would not get the hubprintables agian, they might be from the same batch.

Yo-

That certainly looks like a bad batch - and I would definitely get ahold of the great customer service folks at Rima-

Heres a comparison of Ricoh 4x +R’s (Allmediaoutlet), Verbatim 16x +R’s (Office Max) and Taiyo Yuden 8x +R’s (Rima) as burned on my new 1655 (post #1621):

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=159020&page=33&pp=50

(btw - I personally have never been satisified with any burn at 16x - so far-eh!)

I have never had a great burn @ 16X until I bought my Plextor 760A and even then its just better than good. 12X is my sweet spot for great burns with all media ( I only use 2 kinds Yuden000-T02 and MCC004 ).

Thanks to everyone for all their replies. It is great to have a very supportive group of people here at cdfreaks. When you have a problem there is always someone here to help you out. Everyone keep up the good work. I will give Rima a call and see what they have to say.

Thanks for those kind words. :slight_smile:

Please let us know how it turns out!

That’s really nice of you, thanks :flower:

As Drage said, be sure to post back and let us know how you get on :iagree:

Thanks Everyone!!! :bow: :iagree: :iagree:

Sent Rima an email telling that about the disks. Got a reply that they are sorry to here that I am having problems with the disks. They are willing to replace them or refund my money. Just need to get a RA# first. I prefer the Taiyo hub printables, but am going to follow your wise advice that I may receive ones from the same batch. I think I will just wait a while until purchasing them again. For the meantime I justed asked if I could get a credit to purchase some Verbatim Hub Printable, which burn beautifully in my H10N.
Thanks Again Everyone