RiDisc Blue 8x

I have been offered a good deal on RiDisc Blue 8x Discs. I am currently shopping for one media type and then sticking to it, as currently I end up buying a ‘few’ discs each week for ‘testing’ and end up using the lot without analysing any!

I have had a load a long time ago, which I thought were still using the Ritek dye (As the purple ones used G04). I now know a bit more and know these do no longer use the Ritek dye (The red ones do but are more expensive)

Anyway the company aren’t too helpful but I think they use the CMC Mag AE1 dye? If someone could give me a definate answer on that it would be great :smiley:

I like the RiDisc as they have a nice design and also a large area of lines for writing onto, but never tried the blue variety in huge amounts.

CMC.MAG.AE1.

Average discs in my opinion. Rarely get very good results with them, but still acceptable.

What burner are you using? If you’re using a burner that is picky about CMC Magnetics then you’re better off buying other media… (see my thread here)

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=140066

Well I use NEC 3500, don’t touch any other drives (or models…i.e. 3520 etc).

CMC Mag AE1 - I used a load of the Datasafe Printable 8x ones with no problem, although the price shot up so I didn’t bother with them again…Will these produce similar results to those, also using the CMC Mag AE1 dye?

I have used RiDisc 8x blue, my friend gets them and I have to do the backing up for him. The mid code I got was TTGO2. Though saying that it has been 2 months since he needed to get a pack as most of his collection is backed up now.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TTG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [TTG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Hmm…

These new red G05 Ritek ones…are they really ‘the best RiDisc yet?’

Just wondering as I’ve been shopping around and there’s a tenner between the blues and the reds.

[Tongue in cheek mode on]

Must be…they say there AAA+ thats gotto be good surely.

I would never trust disks with Ritek Mids
Length of life is totally unpredictable regardless of distributor.
(I love CMC MAG AE1s though)