RiDATA RICOHJPN-D00-01DL burns

Purchased the 5 pack of RiDATA +R DL from meritline (~ $15.00 US) even though the media is not listed on the plex media compatibility site (Ricoh is, RiDATA is not).
So far 5/5 burns OK. mid is RICOHJPN-D00-01. Used DVDD iso read/iso write (SAO burn engine, layer break ‘calculate optimal’, ISO read: except for ‘structure protection’ and ‘VOB PUO’, the other boxes are ‘checked’).
I cannot detect any pause or or ‘freezing’ at any time. Plays on several standalone DVD players.
Burn speed set to 2.0x, actual burn speed 2.4x; book type set to rom, rip speed set to 10x, source disc cleaned with IPA. burner is plex 716a w/ f.w. 1.08.

Best Regards

Burn speed set to 2.0x
Impossible, 2.0x is not a DVD+ speed

Purchased the 5 pack of RiDATA +R DL from meritline (~ $15.00 US) even though the media is not listed on the plex media compatibility site (Ricoh is, RiDATA is not)
How can they not be if they are Ricoh :eek:

You are correct. I merely stated what I had set the burn speed at in DVDD. As I stated further down, the actual burn speed was ~2.4.

The package is labled RiDATA made by ritek taiwan, I did not know at the time I purchased them that they were, in fact, Ricoh. I did not know they are(?) synomonous (sp).

Kindest Regards

As far as I know, Ritek is manufacturing the disc for Ricoh, but Ricoh is paying for quality control :slight_smile: That’s why they are more expensive than “real” Ritek media, but way better