RICOHJPN01 in bulk with white surface?

Does anyone know where I can find bulk packs (50 to 100) of RICOHJPN01 with a white printable surface?

I don’t want to gamble on possibilities.

Originally posted by Bicster
[B]Does anyone know where I can find bulk packs (50 to 100) of RICOHJPN01 with a white printable surface?

I don’t want to gamble on possibilities. [/B]

Curious. Newegg carries printables of Ritek’s 4x -R and 8x +R. Silver mattes of 4x +R (it has the Ricoh code). But strangely, no printables of the 4x +R. And the two other major media stores that I just visited didn’t carry them either… :confused:

G’luck finding them…

If it’s security you want, then forget Ricoh and get these printable TY’s:
http://www.accaproducts.com/dvdr1.html

I know Ty has been a market leader for as long as recordable discs have been around, but they also command quite a premium. I’m not backing up precious data – just movies and games for the most part. $1.70 per disc is a tad much for that.

Then again, I thought the BeAll -R media was expensive at $1.25 each. I probably just expect too much at this point in the game. Maybe I should splurge now and take solace in the fact that prices are coming down.

These Fuji RICOHJPNR01 discs are passing kprobe tests with flying colors on my SOHW-812s @ 851s (8X). I just hate the (lack of) a label! Not enough room to write. The Ritek shiny discs are fingerprint magnets, so I don’t care much for those either.

Maybe there is another option I could consider. I don’t actually print labels – I just write by hand with a sharpie permanent marker.

Oh. If you don’t actually print labels, then the silver matte is perfect for you! You have the whole top surface to write on. No logos to obstruct your way. And it’s not shiny and is not prone to fingerprinting. Actually the silver matte is a roughish finish–kinda like the white inkjet printable finish, only cheaper and not inkjet printable (I have a pack of the -R silver mattes, and they’re nice).

Here you go! :slight_smile:

NewEgg’s a great retailer. Free shipping, very fast, very reliable. And because you’re lucky enough to be in a state other than CA, it’s also tax-free. I’ve done a dozen orders from them in the past.

And only $1/disc. :slight_smile:

Or if you want cheaper, NewEgg’s also selling G04 discs, silver matte. $44 for a pack of 50 (sale ends on Wednesday at 4 PST). And because you have a 812S, you could burn these at 8x too, with speedhacking (though I guess you might be safer sticking w/ the RICOHJPNR01 since they’re proven to work well for you).

Yeah, I’ve given Newegg thousands of dollars worth of business over the last few years. :sad: They are a good vendor. I don’t know how they manage to combine rock-bottom prices with good service. They’ve spoiled me and I often don’t check price search engines anymore, because they almost always turn up near the top of the list, or close enough that it’s not worth taking chances on another vendor!

I thought I’d read about problems with the Newegg Ritek DVD+R’s right here on this forum… now if I can find it :wink: … I need to stop reading and get some sleep.

Thanks for the tip on the silver matte discs!

I think those are the G04s. Seems like some people got a bad batch of G04s from NE. (my G04s burn nicely)

Are these the same matte surface discs? Supermediastore has them @ $41 with coupon code d5off. Total price with shipping is $47.80 via UPS Ground. Not bad!

http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/ritdvdvdplus1.html

Originally posted by Bicster
[B]Are these the same matte surface discs? Supermediastore has them @ $41 with coupon code d5off. Total price with shipping is $47.80 via UPS Ground. Not bad!

http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/ritdvdvdplus1.html [/B]

The packaging label says -RDSM at the end, which stands for RiData Silver Matte (RDIW == RiData Inkjet White, RDCB == RiData Cakebox, etc.)

So if what you’re getting is the same as what the packaging says, then you should be getting the silver matte discs.

Though after shipping, it’s only $2.2 cheaper than NE.

Fine, I ordered a pack from Newegg. I was tempted to try the 8X discs at $64 for 50… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been using the BeAll 4x DVD-R from Meritline. One real nice thing about them, besides the fact that I haven’t had any problems with them, is that the printing surface covers the hub as well. It’s amazing how much nicer the disc looks when you can print all the way to the spindle hole than having to waste the space taken up by the hub.

I agree the BeAll discs look nice, but I had to stop using them due to poor burn quality. Out of 250 discs (5 spindles ordered at different times), all of them have some sort of problem. I get high error rates with the SOHW-812S right off the bat; my NEC ND-1300A can burn them fine up to a point, usually around the 3 to 3.5 gig mark, where the errors really take off, and the NEC can’t even read the discs back.

Maybe in a few years this technology will mature somewhat…