Ricoh sold as Ritek?

Just bought a 50 spindle labeled “Ritek DVD+R 4x” well… sorta… THERE IS no label on the actual spindle case, but the website sold them as Ritek… the disks themselves are totally label-less, but in dvd info they have RICOHJPNR01.

is this a mistake? or???

Usually it’s the other way around. We know that they’re made in the same factory in Taiwan, but we don’t know is there’s any real difference. I’d guess that your supplier made a mistake, but if they work well enough, I wouldn’t bother with returning them.

4 dvd’s burned allready. All of them good… so im not complaining about that. I’m just glad they did not try to slip some crap DVD’s under my nose, because they are totally label-less. Glad I have dvdinfo :smiley:

I might send the site a nice email to let them know about thier little mistake heh.

It’s not a mistake, all Ritek +R media has the Ricoh identifier.

all Ritek +R media has the Ricoh identifier

Not all but yes, so far most of them have it. But it looks like Ritek has started using its own MID code (and dye I assume) on more DVD+R media now.

Originally posted by jsl
Not all but yes, so far most of them have it. But it looks like Ritek has started using its own MID code (and dye I assume) on more DVD+R media now.

Yes, ritek R02 (4X DVD+R) is now replacing many of the ricohjpnr01 discs.

My guess is that ritek pays some licensing fee for the dye and ADIP from ricoh, and to save money (=ritek earn more money) they now uses their own dye and ADIP on many cheaper discs.

I do have ritek 2.4X DVD+R here (Ritek R01).