Ricoh MP9120 and raw writing

vbimport

Hi!
I tried burning the Max Payne clonecd image several times, and even though the writer supports sub channel data, and raw writing, the copy didn’t work with the original executable…
I read the SD2 compatibility list in cd-freaks, but even though it’s mentioned there that the sd2 copies are only readable on the writer, I had experience with previous sd2 titles that were readable on my cd-rom as well…
I used both versions 3.0.2.3 and the latest 3.0.5.1 but they were the same. I also tried dao+sub, and dao alone.

I’d appreciate any help possible,

Mulder.

btw: I burned “Operation Flashpoint” without a problem with the same writer. As far as I know it’s a SD2 protected title…

It could very well be that one SafeDisc 2 protected game can be succesfully back-upped while another game with the same SafeDisc 2 protection cannot! This is because SafeDisc 2 can be ‘adjusted’ by developpers for each game. So not every SafeDisc 2 protection is the same. SafeDisc 2 relies on weak error sectors and it could very well be that Max Payne has more than Operation Flashpoint resulting in a coaster for Max Payne :frowning:

i burned max payne easy several times…and they work everywhere …i did it with an acer…
try burning it with 2 speed and only try this in raw dao mode otherwise it fails
if this does not work then try a crack …