RICOH launches the world’s first 16x DVD+R Double Layer blank disc (Press Release)

vbimport

I just posted the article RICOH launches the world’s first 16x DVD+R Double Layer blank disc (Press Release).

Officially certified by the DVD+R/+RW Verification Laboratories Group: RICOH launches the world’s first 16x DVD+R Double Layer blank disc
With its recently launched 16x DVD+R Double Layer,…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13074-RICOH-launches-the-worlds-first-16x-DVDR-Double-Layer-blank-disc-Press-Release.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13074-RICOH-launches-the-worlds-first-16x-DVDR-Double-Layer-blank-disc-Press-Release.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Oh yes, and we’ll all line up to buy some Ricoh DL media right away! :wink:

I’d be happy to purchase Verbatim DVD+R DL that are hub printable for $1 each. Maybe 1 day.

I’d be happy if DL media was under a dollar per disc if you ask me.

Last week I just bought a spindle of 15 Memorex DVD+R DL discs for $15 CDN at Future Shop. Prices are slowly coming down. :slight_smile:

That’s very nice. but where are the DL rewritables that we were promised last year?

they cant even make decent quality 4X DL disc, like they are gonna make quality 16X DL disc :r

I agree Ricoh discs aren’t good i couldn’t burn their 4 / 8x rated DL discs on either my 4163B or BenQ 1620 both failed on second layer. Yet using Verbatim DL discs it worked perfectly.

Are there 16x double layer burners yet? Or even 12x, for that matter.

I have used the 8 X rewriteables and they are not compatible with any dvd component players. :r Why would I try a DL Ricoh? Verbatim all the way :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen people having some shit results with ricoh on the forums. So what’s this stupid media going to prove? That a coaster can be made on a DL media faster than ever before? Learn to make proper DL discs to begin with!