RIAA takes a Shotgun to traders according to legal experts

I just posted the article RIAA takes a Shotgun to traders according to legal experts.

As the  RIAA keeps suing 1,000's of people based on suspect IP addresses, it is  not surprising for them to get the wrong person's details in the odd  case.  However, according to legal...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10952-RIAA-takes-a-Shotgun-to-traders-according-to-legal-experts.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10952-RIAA-takes-a-Shotgun-to-traders-according-to-legal-experts.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This shameful behaviour is virtually a breach of the RICO Laws, and abuse of the due legal process. :r

Why haven’t large retailers of RIAA product like Walmart, Cicuit City and Best Buy taken a stance? Why do they continue to do business with and promote products from companies that engage in these practices? The public needs to let these retailers know that it matters.
[edited by rla on 05.10.2005 06:46]

what a fuc*ken joke, they sue people cause of suspect IP address, where in the hell is this legal, and where is there physical evidence based on their facts someone please send a member of al qaeda to the RIAA office !! :g:g:g

Once they have shut all the file sharing networks down and music sales still fall they might realise poeple just dont want to buy the shite thats pumped out today.

I dont buy as many CDs as I used to in the past 4-6 years because: my health insurance has over doubled gas prices have over doubled my electric bill is nearly double my heat bill has doubled my grocery bill is close to double cable TV bill again near double my income has NOT doubled Have the record companies even thought this might have a slight effect on CD sales? Also I tend to purchase DVDs more now because they are as cheap or cheaper than music CDs. Why don’t the RIAA sue the MPAA for stealing sales?
[edited by SPINESHANK on 05.10.2005 15:16]

riaa should stop complaining & lower the price where people are willing to buy riaa should also stop complaining & save huge lawyer fees for their profits da should sue riaa when they wrongfully sued innocent people & make them pay for damages lawyers should sue riaa for wrongly accused for a theif of copyrights for huge settlement

When and why is that DNA can not prove someone’s guilt while an IP address can?

After enough erronious and harassing lawsuits, the courts will see that the RIAA cries wolf a wee bit much when [I]they[/I] are the wolf to be protected from. The problem solves itself in time. Judging by the number of people getting targetted and fighting back (X out of 14,000), the day will come in the near future.

God!!! this is the UGLIEST joke i’ve ever heared… and what if someone used some IP changing prog?? or some “Anonimity” tool like the time when we used JAP?? well, RIAA, if an album deserves buying… i’m the first to buy… but when ur not sure, u might lika’ try to LISTEN to it first… we’re talking about ART here RIAA-Money-Freaks… have u heared of “Art”?? u better do… cuz it’s something u’ll really miss (mess)…:(:(:frowning:

If you ever get a call from one of these legbreaker thugs representing the RIAA, make sure you ask for the name of the employee and the name of the firm he/she works for. That way you can sue both the RIAA AND the collection agent thugs under RICO statutes. Also make sure you have a wireless device (that you can blame for being wide open) or claim you were infected with a trojan that allowed your PC to be used by music pirates. Just make sure you don’t have any physical evidence on your PC. IP’s aren’t fingerprints…they can point the RIAA in the right direction (on occasion), but they do not meet the burden of proof. A seized hard-drive full of MP3’s…well…that’s another story.

Just borrow the stuff from your municipal library. It’s your money at work.

Stand up for yourself, there’s enough people looking for a handout. Wallmart and such have no take in this either way, it’s simply not their business to launch political campaigns (even if it is for the greater good). You need to help others get organized and sue back against the RIAA, don’t expect OTHERS to do YOUR work. :slight_smile: PS: Wallmart doesn’t buy CDs from the RIAA, they buy it from distributers, so they aren’t promiting $h1t.

It’s postz like deez that donut make mu wundur whuts wrong wid huminaty.

>> riaa should stop complaining & lower the price where people are willing to buy It’s called iTunes, you can buy a song at a dollar a pop and only buy the songs you want. On average you’ll only end up spending like $3-$5 per CD. >> riaa should also stop complaining & save huge lawyer fees for their profits Agreed >> da should sue riaa when they wrongfully sued innocent people & make them pay for damages The DA is too busy with violent crimes to worry about the evil that businesses do. Didn’t you watch the whole Enron fiasco, the government doesn’t do squat to businesses, the people need to fight the battle for themselves. >> lawyers should sue riaa for wrongly accused for a theif of copyrights for huge settlement Lawyers don’t sue anybody, companies and people sue. Lawyers just organize it for you and charge you $100/hr :stuck_out_tongue: Plus a lawyer can’t/won’t sue a large company via proxy on your behalf.
[edited by Rhelic on 06.10.2005 18:56]

>> Why don’t the RIAA sue the MPAA for stealing sales? Don’t give them ideas, they probably will (tech companies have already done this in the past). :stuck_out_tongue: