RIAA Report: CD Sales Down Because New Music Sucks

vbimport

Just a joke, but still:bigsmile:

[Los Angeles, CA] - The 25th anniversary of the audio CD next month is being greeted with dwindling sales figures. But an industry-wide study indicates that Napster-type downloads are not the real problem behind a sluggish market.

The report clearly documents a brief spike in sales whenever something new comes along, followed by a long period of disinterest. “This is because most artists squirt out one decent song, then follow it up with a bunch of crap,” RIAA analyst Lorenzo Spazcolon explained. “Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Tatu… gimme a break. More people download their pictures than their music.”

The biggest industry losers, the RIAA study sites, are companies heavily invested in hip-hop performers. “I guess it’s like, how long can you expect people to tolerate some obnoxious twerp screaming bad poetry in your face?” Spazcolon concluded. The documentation indicates that years ago, when hip-hop was fresh, it appealed to an older college-age market. But its success was short-lived. “After all the Eminem ‘I hate my mommy’ crap, only teenagers listened to it. Now it’s cycling down to pre-teens.” Spazcolon predicts at some point the hip-hop audience won’t have any disposable income. “Do six year olds even get an allowance?”

As a result, the recording industry will now shift its focus from sales to litigation. “Why try to sell cuts online for a buck,” he explained, “when we can sue everyone for a couple of thousand dollars each? In the long run, legal action is more cost effective than quality control.”

Source

Wohoo, i love this site! Some good sense of humor :wink:

BTW, check this out too:

G.W. Bush “Elite Force Aviator” Action Figure!

Link

They had some funny stuff in the classified section too:

American Flag Condoms. Box of 12; red white and blue. Treat her to the ultimate in patriotic fervor as your “Smart Bomb” penetrates deep into “Osama’s Cave”.

Heh! Sometimes the satire sites out there are more accurate in their reporting than the “serious” media.

Check out THIS satire from The Onion from January 2001, for instance…:slight_smile:

As for music, IMHO that satire it hitting the nail on its head. But I have never understood what is so great about rap, so maybe I`m just dumb. (To quote a late hero)
:cool:

Originally posted by Trondos
As for music, IMHO that satire it hitting the nail on its head. But I have never understood what is so great about rap, so maybe I`m just dumb. (To quote a late hero)
:cool:

indeed… just like nu-metal :slight_smile:

anyhow, I only wish that the RIAA did realise this…

I saw something in a local newspaper/news rag, that had the real reason cd sales are so low. It has 4 panels that have a series of pictures that had a picture of a person and a cd/tape store, shows them buying the cd and then in the last panel there is a pile of doo-doo.

Duh is it me? or does most of the music suck??

i like all the music i buy - maybe im the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by ckin2001
i like all the music i buy - maybe im the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at your sig, I cant help but agree ckin2001 :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Originally posted by BadReligionPR

It really DOES.

“Music” ? What “music” ? 99,99% of so called new “music” has NOTHING with music to do.

Ok not all of the music sucks but I dont want to hear any Britney Spears or Eminem every time I turn on the fricking radio

Originally posted by cloakdoa

Ok not all of the music sucks …
Of course, not. And here’s one of the few rare examples >

the latest Mogwai :

Happy Songs for Happy People

Ah, I just HAD to dig this thread up again. I read an interview with the band Travis in a Norwegian paper. The singer said the following:

"Everyone who loves music loves the internet. I think the reason why the record companies are so afraid for the internet is the incredible amount of cr@p they publish. If people can hear the music first, it will get harder to con people. It will become harder to market bad music as if it was detergent and get away with it.

Hear, hear! :bow: :cool: