RIAA must turn over billing records to Oklahoma mother

vbimport

I just posted the article RIAA must turn over billing records to Oklahoma mother.

We all love the RIAA and their never ending attack on illegal music downloads. Of course when they make a mistake, they should have to pay too, right. It seems that they did it…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13111-RIAA-must-turn-over-billing-records-to-Oklahoma-mother.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13111-RIAA-must-turn-over-billing-records-to-Oklahoma-mother.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

About time the RIAA got burned.

I think they will just pay the mother and get it over with. They will not show that they don’t do thorough investigations because that will cost them much more than paying for a case they have already lost. Of course,congratulations must be given to the mother who had the guts to take the much hated RIAA to the court.

anyobody knows the mother’s address :B ??? maybe could send her some flowers!!! and maybe later could turn her house into an “RIAA War Museum” :wink:

This is excellent news. That mother has some real guts to fight those arrogant RIAA bastards who have now fallen in their own manure.

Woohoo! I wish more people would start shovelling the RIAA’s crap back at them :wink:

'bout time those greedy people had to account for their misdoings.

At night I have dreams in which executives of the RIAA swing from the tallest scaffold by their short hairs. ANd then I awaken and realize that is asking for more justice then irony allows. C’est la vie… :d

At night I have dreams in which executives of the RIAA swing from the tallest scaffold by their short hairs. ANd then I awaken and realize that is asking for more justice then irony allows. C’est la vie… :d

Given that the RIAA members are the same folks who have accounted for artist royalties over the years, they will probably have no problem applying creative accounting techniques to make things work out however they wish. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the RIAA find some loophole in their contracts and pro rate legal fees against artist royalties. This would reduce the legal costs to peanuts on paper. However, if the judge is prudent he will order an audit after the RIAA presents its billing records. It is one thing to ask for a bill. It is another to validate the credibility of the billing. I hope the court exercises real scrutiny over any “in house” RIAA billing documents put up as evidence of actual legal costs.