RIAA Lawsuit Settlement Checks

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?? $13.86 check from the CD MAP Antitrust Litigation! w00t!

So, who else here got one?

cmr2004x, any chance of putting an edited (private details removed) version of it up online?

You can cash it/spend it on anything?

Originally posted by cmr2004x
[B]
Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?? $13.86 check from the CD MAP Antitrust Litigation! w00t!

So, who else here got one?
[/B]

Woot!

I can;t believe Oz doesn;t have a similar thing happening :wink:

Ps: I hate my keyboard, the ’ & the ; keys are in the wrong locations :frowning:

I do hope you are putting the money to good use, like purchasing new blank cd’s to make new copies of their Audio cd’s.:stuck_out_tongue:

can you explain what you got…? Didn’t understand it …:confused:

Money from a lawsuit against the RIAA that they lost wasnt it?

Originally posted by damiandimitri
can you explain what you got…? Didn’t understand it …:confused:

Between 1995 and 2000, the RIAA was accused of fixing the prices of CDs. All user’s had to do was go to a certain website and claim that they had bought a CD between those years (whether or not they really had), and they would receive money back, so long as a certain number of user’s were exceeded. This was on the CDFreaks news page some time ago. Here are those links if you want more information.

Get Your 20$ from the RIAA
Judge approves deal over CD Prices

Great you got it… although it’s pretty stupid, as anybody can claim he/she bought a cd… and people that actually payed the biggest part (those who bought lots of cds) are still screwed.

Anyway: go get your money first thing in the morning. They might reconsider…

Mmm…will try to upload a pic in a few days…tower is awaiting a new case, and the only working scanner is hooked up to a P1 133MHz…and yes, it still goes! :stuck_out_tongue:

On a laptop right now, now parallel port [which is what I would hook the scanner to].

www.musiccdsettlement.com if i do remember - it was posted on here months a go :wink:

Mmmm…lappy had a parallel port. Bamboozling.

As promised:

cmr2004x, thanks for taking the time… what a strange piece of paperwork, how many will frame them for the wall? :bigsmile:

Thanks again.

does the amount of money depends on how many cd’s you bought?

Originally posted by damiandimitri
does the amount of money depends on how many cd’s you bought?

Nope. Again, all user’s had to do was claim that they had purchased a CD. Whether somebody purchased one CD or 50 (or none at all), everybody that signed up got the same amount of money back.

such weird thing only seems to happen in the US…lol

strange

yah, I signed up for this a long time ago.
Didn’t think it would actually ever come, but I got it in the mail this week :eek:

Cool.

BTW, ur name is Chris? Cool. lol

Originally posted by Chriso
[B]Cool.

BTW, ur name is Chris? Cool. lol [/B]

My name is Bradley…where did you get that idea?? :confused:

Originally posted by cmr2004x
My name is Bradley…where did you get that idea?? :confused:

On the image you attached, it says, "PAY TO THE ORDER OF: Chris XXXXXX. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: j/k.

So…if you’re not Chris, who’s check is that anyhow? Apparently not yours… :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue:

he gave a false name, becuase he is afraid of the RIAA…lol