RIAA: closing Megaupload means more users will flock to legit music services

vbimport

RIAA: closing Megaupload means more users will flock to legit music services.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/01/lPXFR8.jpg[/newsimage]The Recording Industry Association of America believes the death of Megaupload could lead to a jump in legal purchases as customers turn to iTunes and others for their digital music needs. 

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/riaa-closing-megaupload-means-more-users-will-flock-to-legit-music-services-57886/](http://www.myce.com/news/riaa-closing-megaupload-means-more-users-will-flock-to-legit-music-services-57886/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

next…

Hell yeah… :eek:

Little fluffy clouds and pink rabbits hopping and playing all around them. LOL

Haha what a joke. Haven’t they heard of Pirate Bay? Rapidshare? I will not say any others for them to look up.

Ladies and gentlemen, the latest exhibit proving that the RIAA (and the MAFIAA in general) is completely clueless. People who purchase music from legitimate online sources will continue to do so, while people who obtain music from other sources will just move on to the next source. They’re playing Whack-a-Mole while their profits continue to dip, but unfortunately it’s legit users of services like MegaUpload that end up suffering from the MAFIAA’s stupidity.

The government should be investigating these MPAA & RIAA people for drug use. They are definitely on something!!!

What a bunch of BS. I have never downloaded a movie or any type of music. I stopped buying music cd’s years ago because 99.9% of the stuff coming out is crap. I will not support these people. As for movies I rent the ones I like to see. I HATE movie theaters crappy sound horrable food etc. I know I am not the only person who feels this way, so people like me are the real reason they are not making money. That makes me very HAPPY. So these idiots can suck it for all I care.

[QUOTE=bonehead1;2620542]What a bunch of BS. I have never downloaded a movie or any type of music. I stopped buying music cd’s years ago because 99.9% of the stuff coming out is crap. I will not support these people. As for movies I rent the ones I like to see. I HATE movie theaters crappy sound horrable food etc. I know I am not the only person who feels this way, so people like me are the real reason they are not making money. That makes me very HAPPY. So these idiots can suck it for all I care.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I spend almost nothing on modern films or music and have never downloaded them either.
Where is the talent we used to see every day in the 60’s 70’s and 80’s?
Manufactured boy or girl bands do nothing for me, don’t get me started on the song writers.

The RIAA always assumes downloads=lost sales.

I don’t think people are sitting on a bunch of cash not buying music. The money is being spent on other items. If people are forced to buy music, are they actually going to choose music or whatever else it is they spend their money on?

I kind of doubt it. The music industry seems so hellbent on law and suing people, they probably wouldn’t even know who their competition is or how to be competitive.

I have fallen in love with LP’s again.
$7.00 for an LP without any stupid copy protection the wackos like the RIAA think curbs piracy.

Using Audacity I just covert old tunes to .WAV or MP3 so all players I own can play them.
Sure, not as good as the actual LP but when was the last time there was an LP option for cars? The 50’s maybe? Even then the player ran at something like 32 RPM which would be too fast (playback) for 33 RPM vinyl.

Newer music I pay money for from a site that is not run buy Apple and their ridiculously overpriced digital downloads. Besides, I’m old school who downloads the whole album not just the freak-of-the-week.

Jeff

I wont flock to any of the pay sites, why should I pay 99 cents or so for one crappy DRM infested song. If I get music I want the whole album, not just one overpriced, lousy sounding song.
I haven’t bought a CD in a in time and was trying to go hi res audio but try to find DVD Audio or SACD disks now. Of course they were also DRM infected but at least they sound as good as it can get for now and have multiple options for playback and extras on many of them.
They need to realize the genie is out of the bottle and they’ll never stuff him back in. Give folks good non DRM music at a fair price then folks will flock to buy it, and preferably at some higher then CD rate resolution.
I can buy movies now cheaper that have much more stuff included and good sound.

>since the closure of Limewire…lol

Youtube.

RIAA you fail hard.

That is all.

Eventually they will figuire out that anything that is streamed can be captured.

Even if it isn’t great quality analog capture of streamed digital music
or video will get anyone who wants to take the time a copy of anything
they want.

This ignores sites like You Tube where the record labels and the bands post down-loadable Videos for which there are dozens of free and commercial software applications to not only save the digital video file to your computer but to also strip the audio data from it automatically.

Granted the quality again is kinda crappy, but it’s usually playable [I]enough[/I] for the masses.

Personally anything I like I have a physical copy of, physical copy in this case equals “pressed media” CD or DVD.

I’m gone through hell to get physical media for some more recent albums, because mp3 downloads don’t do it for me.

AD

No entity has stolen more from artists than the recording companies themselves. I’ve always believed their real rag against Napster was its ability to do accurate counts of downloads and listens - and “accuracy” is definitely against a record company’s historical means of stealing from artists and increasing their so-called profitability.

Congress, legislatures and the recording industry…never has so much money gone to so few for so little.

^ I completely agree with the post above. The RIAA and MPAA will do anything to curb profits to their liking, which in no way means it’s to the benefit of the artist.