Revolver

Revolver (2005)
Region 2
Country - UK

Had big problems copying this disk. It’s the first time I’ve had any problems using AnyDvd and CLone DVD.
It saves as 4.38gig, but when copying back only about 37meg goes to disk.
Using
AnyDvD 6.0.4.5
Clone DvD 2.8.9.9
LG HL-DT-ST DVDRam GSA-4163B - Firmware A106
Pioneer DVD RW DVR 106D - Firmware 1.08 (This is used to read in as I havn’t got a normal dvd drive)
Xp Home Edition
Datawrite DVD+R 16x

AnyDVD info: -
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.0.4.5)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1558304 sectors (3043 MBytes)
Total size: 2380512 sectors (4649 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: REVOLVER
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Would appreciate any help.

when is this being released R1?

Don’t know - had a look on the internet but they all seem to be R2 (This is the Guy Ritchie version - not the Ennio morricone one from the 70’s).

This has been out for a while in the Uk, I havent tried AnyDVD on it but the PGCedit plugin handles it fine and I suspect that Ripit4Me will as well. I will give it a try over the weekend with AnyDVD as i’m off to bed now but I have a PSl for it if you want to try ripping it with DVD Decrypter on its own.

Thanks for the tips. Tried Ripit4me and dvd decrypter then copied with dvdshrink - It worked.
Still shows as only being about 15Mb when scanning with DVDShrink, but works ok on DVD player.
Hopefully this doesn’t happen again using DVDClone and AnyDVD - This has been the first time I’ve had a problem like this since I started using them.
Thanks again for the help

In DVD Shrink are the extras showing up as very big? It could be that the main movie is showing up in the extras which has happened to me with a number of region 2 titles. This can usually be fixed by the Fixvts stage in RipIt4me/PgcEdit Plug-in. The AnyDVD ripper should be able to fix this problem as well as it is essentially Fixvts. Try using the AnyDVD ripper to rip to your harddrive and then open in Clone DVD and see if that sorts it. To be honest though as long as it’s all there and it plays ok it doesnt really matter but these kind of things annoy me and I like to sort them out. I had the same problem with The Producers R2 Uk.

Thanks again for the help and additional hints. As regards to your question - All the info displayed in DVDShrink is ok when I read the iso created with DVDDecrypter(About 4.8G, but when it’s copied to disk it shows all to be on the small side (Totals about 25Mb). The disk is full when inspected visually and plays ok- But it still annoys me that I do not know why I am having this problem with a not particulary new disk, especially after all the new copy protections cause no problem with the combination I use. The good news is that you’ve given me new avenues to explore - but like you I hate not knowing.
Thanks again for the help.