Reviews on LDW411s?

I was thinking about buying this dvd burner? What are the general reviews on this so far?

How well does it burn using cheap media?

On the CD-R portion, how does it handle copy protections?

Like most (if not all) of the optical drives that Liteon make, the LDW-411S (and also the LDW-401S) is a CLASS ACT.

As far as the CD-R and CD-RW side of things, it is a 2 sheep burner, has no difficulties with safedisc, including 2.90.040, and with the aid of either BlindWrite or Clonecd and twinpeaks will copy the very latest Securom too (it will burn a good copy of the latest Securom disc, but the disc will have to be used with a different drive)

The CD is 40 x 24 x 40 speed (note the ultra speed rewrite capability - so far no other DVD burner can do this)

DVD Burning with quality media is no problem either, and as a DVD reader it performs satisfactorily too!

I’m sure that you would be very happy if you were to purchase this drive.

Originally posted by Jackass
The CD is 40 x 24 x 40 speed (note the ultra speed rewrite capability - so far no other DVD burner can do this)

WRONG! The BTC DVD DRW 1004IM

Also have 40x 24x 40x on CDR/W

On DVD-R and DVD+R 4x

And it have been available for a long time. (Germany)

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by jan70
[B]WRONG! The BTC DVD DRW 1004IM

Also have 40x 24x 40x on CDR/W

On DVD-R and DVD+R 4x

And it have been available for a long time. (Germany)

:slight_smile: [/B]

But in my opinion the BTC DVD-Drive is just scrap. And it seems that I’m not the only one who sees it this way

I just got mine installed. I burned a movie on a DVD-R without any. The only thing is I used Optodisc media. It’s supposed to be 4X but it only burned it at 2X. AT least it worked without any problems. I’m doing another test burn as I type on the DVD+RW media that came with burner. It is burning that at 4X. I guess I need to get a sampler pack of media to see what works best. Burning at 2X takes too long. Heck 4X takes too long. I can’t wait until the 811s comes out so I can burn at 8X speed. At least my first DVD burner cost half as much as my first CD burner cost.

Originally posted by joerg_kling
But in my opinion the BTC DVD-Drive is just scrap. And it seems that I’m not the only one who sees it this way

First of all, it was not anything mentioned about SCRAP. it was the 40x 24x 40x feature that was mention… Please do not turn the Fact around.

Anyways the statement SCRAP, but also be defined!!!

PS! I do not own an BTC… So I am not offended, but your statement SCRAP, might be an personal thing from your side, but still including me and others. What is SCRAP about this drive?

Please no offence!!