Review - Lite-On LTR52246S

Really good job, congratulations. :slight_smile:

Just one thing this link http://www.cdfreaks.com/Datatrack_99min.txt is broken.

They layout is still worked on…the link will be taken care of. The path is obviously wrong :frowning:

… thanX for this real good review … a lot of work,
. . but it’s worth for a cdrfreak :wink:

… I’ve made a lot of these tests for myself, and most
. . of the results are same or similiar … and my private
. . conclusion: I’m very happy with my 48126S @ 52246S,
. . nowadays with FW 6S07, may be still better … :bigsmile:

Design is not really my favorite topic, so I think I should thank Domi and GF for fixing my layout :slight_smile:

@Shivaz: Can you confirm that an 48126S OCed to 52246S works with Ultraspeed CD-RW media? (I don’t mean with crap media. If Verbatim works, that would suffice!)

@ alexnoe: Do Verbatim CD-RW’s 24x exist?

I have bought 10 pieces for 2 Euro each one week ago. …but I told my local vendor to inform me immediately as soon as he can get me some long time ago. So I suppose that they are not widely available yet.

Maybe they are available in Asia (700 MB).

Where did you find these Verbatim’s ? in Germany ?

@alexnoe :

… yeah … I confirm the oc’Lite works with Verbatim UltraSpeed RW’s
… I’ve get some just today and made only two burns (audio and data)
. . the Lite begins with 8x and ends 23,55x with an average burning speed of 16,4x
. . more tests and scans will follow next days …

. . I’ve heard about the Asus52… , it works from beginning to the end
. . with about 24x … maybe there’s hope with a new FW …

Greetz …

@PIER:

They should be available in Media Markt, as well as on www.alternate.de

Ah…I see Domi and GF have finished fixing my layout :slight_smile:

Ok thank you

alexnoe
A most excellent job on the review, you should be proud of your work. :bow:

Originally posted by alexnoe
@Shivaz: Can you confirm that an 48126S OCed to 52246S works with Ultraspeed CD-RW media? (I don’t mean with crap media. If Verbatim works, that would suffice!)

A very informative and indepth review. Thank you alexnoe.

I previously posted my US CDRW results for the 48126S overclocked to a 52246S but here they are again.

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = HSCD-RW, Phase Change
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 34s 24f
Norminal Capacity = 656.40MB (74m 43s 00f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Unknown
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 24X

Just in case of confusion, this is an actual burn done with Nero 5.5.9.17.

This is what the Verbatims in Australia look like:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
alexnoe
A most excellent job on the review, you should be proud of your work. :bow:

I second that! Wow.

That was a fantastic review.

it makes mine from November 6th look pretty simple: http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7271

I have a lot of work to do to try and match the quality of this review!

Well done!

The review was excellent! Still I hope that the sections on Packet Writing and Mount Rainier will be updated for proper 24x media. I would not blame InCD for not being able to handle poor media. Maybe Spazmogen and other users could let us know how this Lite-On handles other CD-RW media under InCD.

Nah…I simply don’t get InCD work here. No idea what the problem is. I have now Verbatim media, and InCD still doesn’t work. It doesn’t even work with an 48125W and Verbatim 10x media.

As you can see, I was able to measure some times, but it doesn’t like my system :frowning:

Originally posted by KCK
Maybe Spazmogen and other users could let us know how this Lite-On handles other CD-RW media under InCD.

I did a little bit with InCD in my user review (formated with both types-MRW & non-MRW). I posted the link above. I think it’s on page 2 of my review. The links to my pictures may not work too well, the free server has a bandwidth limit on it…

Now that I have some Verbatim 24x RW discs to work with, I’ll try a few more tests.

I also have some 80min, 10x rated RW too.

alexnoe:

Although I’m not running W2K (98SE and XP Pro only), I’ve compiled a mini-guide on troubleshooting InCD problems under W2K, based on input from other users. If you wished, I could post it here, but it is quite long, so perhaps another thread would be more appropriate.

Spazmogen:

It would be highly useful if you added 24x InCD results to your user review (both for CD-RW and CD-MRW), especially if alexnoe can’t tame his box. As for background formatting, take a look at

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7677

In particular, one may use Nero Medium Info to discover whether CD-MRW formatting is finished (well, not always on my XP box).

@KCK: There’s a sticky InCD-Thread in burning software forum. Post it there.

Additional note:

With firmware 6S07, the bundled bad cd-rw disc can now be written at 24x

In the section below:

CD ReWriteable (Ultra-Speed)

To increase re-write speed, it was necessary to invent a new kind of discs, and these discs are called ltra-Speed CD-RWs. Your writer must be certified for using ultra-speed CD-RW discs, otherwise it won’t be able to write them (not even at 10x speed!). Remember, it’s the same with high-speed media: Recorders which can do 4x rewriting, but which are not certified for high-speed media, cannot write to 4x-10x High-speed media, not even at 4x. Now, the same applies to ultra-speed media.

Are you sure? :wink: