Revert Teac W524GSB to original fw

vbimport

Hi.I have crossflashed successfully a Teac W524GSB to iHAS524 with iXtreme burner max.I made a back up with EEPROM and flash utility of the original fw and now i wanna revert back to original.My guess is like flashing directly to original fw,reboot,press convert drive on the flash utility,reboot and then restoring EEPROM.Is that right?

Flashing the original firmware and then restoring the original EEPROM that was backed up before you have crossflashed the drive should be enough to restore the drive to its original state.

You either use convert drive or flash the original EEPROM back. No need to do both since both operations are aiming to do the same thing.

If you have the original EEPROM, then restore that and the original firmware and that should do the trick. If you use convert drive instead of restoring the EEPROM, it would probably be a good idea to clear the OPC history as well.

[QUOTE=cvs;2781698]Flashing the original firmware and then restoring the original EEPROM that was backed up before you have crossflashed the drive should be enough to restore the drive to its original state.

You either use convert drive or flash the original EEPROM back. No need to do both since both operations are aiming to do the same thing.

If you have the original EEPROM, then restore that and the original firmware and that should do the trick. If you use convert drive instead of restoring the EEPROM, it would probably be a good idea to clear the OPC history as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer.I got another question though.If i choose to flash the original fw and EEPROM, the right order i think is first original fw and then EEPROM right?And this time i have to tick the boot code on flash utility(i read in another thread that boot code is updated by exe file but i have only a bin file).

[QUOTE=tsam2;2781776]Thanks for your answer.I got another question though.If i choose to flash the original fw and EEPROM, the right order i think is first original fw and then EEPROM right?And this time i have to tick the boot code on flash utility(i read in another thread that boot code is updated by exe file but i have only a bin file).[/QUOTE]

In this case the order doesn’t really matter. You can do it either way. The order is only important when using the Convert Drive method, in which case it is always the firmware first and the EEPROM Utility afterwards.

Updating the boot code is not strictly necessary, so ticking this box is optional. Some recommend it, because it ensures that you always have a bootcode perfectly matched to the drive model (for what is worth), and as such the drive is as close to the original as possible. I guess that technically speaking updating the bootcode does carry a slightly higher risk than usual if you’re unlucky enough for something to go very wrong during the flashing process, like a power cut occurring at the worse possible time during the flashing process, but the risk is rather negligible I would say, so you might as well tick the box. After all, LiteOn drives have proven over time to be very resilient and difficult to kill :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cvs;2781797]In this case the order doesn’t really matter. You can do it either way. The order is only important when using the Convert Drive method, in which case it is always the firmware first and the EEPROM Utility afterwards.

Updating the boot code is not strictly necessary, so ticking this box is optional. Some recommend it, because it ensures that you always have a bootcode perfectly matched to the drive model (for what is worth), and as such the drive is as close to the original as possible. I guess that technically speaking updating the bootcode does carry a slightly higher risk than usual if you’re unlucky enough for something to go very wrong during the flashing process, like a power cut occurring at the worse possible time during the flashing process, but the risk is rather negligible I would say, so you might as well tick the box. After all, LiteOn drives have proven over time to be very resilient and difficult to kill :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! It was really helpful. I can’t see a thank button, but thanks again!:smiley: