Reverse Burning

vbimport

please bear with me, i’m new.

I know that you can burn information from your hard drive to a disc. but I was wondering whether it is possible to do the opposite and burn the information on to your hard drive from the disc when you want to use it on your computer. E.g. when saving a piece of work on disk then wanting to put the piece of work back on the hard drive without using copy and paste.

You can make a disc image from the CD to your hard disk.
Then mount the image using a program like Daemon Tools…

Perhaps the search can help you more when you now know the tool…because I cannot help you further on this unfortunately

If you are talking about ordinary documents like Word the c&p method is the simplest. Why don’t you want to use it?

Originally posted by kalonation
but I was wondering whether it is possible to do the opposite and burn the information on to your hard drive from the disc when you want to use it on your computer.

i didn’t know we could burn data on a HDD ? :bigsmile:

also, as donald says C&P is the simplest method.

any specific reason, you don’t want to use that :confused:

Originally posted by TerminatorShawn
[B]

i didn’t know we could burn data on a HDD ? :bigsmile:

also, as donald says C&P is the simplest method.

any specific reason, you don’t want to use that :confused: [/B]

I was just giving an example(not a very good one). I really want to copy large files which take up the Whole of the CD-RW disk onto my hard drive.

Originally posted by kalonation

I was just giving an example(not a very good one). I really want to copy large files which take up the Whole of the CD-RW disk onto my hard drive.
Look, I was just wondering why you were against the “copy and paste” thing ?
What’s wrong with that ?

Originally posted by BoSkin
What’s wrong with that ?

i want to know the same thing.

Originally posted by TerminatorShawn

i want to know the same thing.
Well, if he answers you’ll know it. You know what I mean ? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BoSkin
What’s wrong with that ?

It takes too long when you are copying and pasting a large file.
e.g. 500mb

copying and pasting uses ur drive speed so most recent cd-rom drives can read at 52x… it will read the cd at tat speed, it will be the same speed no matter what way you try to get the files off the cd.

Originally posted by aznjosh
copying and pasting uses ur drive speed so most recent cd-rom drives can read at 52x… it will read the cd at tat speed, it will be the same speed no matter what way you try to get the files off the cd.

Thanks,

thats all i wanted to know