Reveal some new Lite-On model names

vbimport

Lite-On LTR-48126S: 48X write 12X RE-Write 48X read.

Lite-On LTR-40126S: 40X write 12X RE-Write ??X Read, maybe just a LTR-48126S with a modified firmware? Yes , I do have overclocking in my mind :wink:

Lite-On LTR-40126H: 40X write 12X RE-Write ??X read, huh what's up with this one? Don't really know :confused:

Time will show :wink:

Hmm, 48x, that is 7200kb/s…
I thought 32x was fast enough… :slight_smile:
With a 48x I will be able to save another 15 seconds, jippie! :wink:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but what things would not be a good idea to write at 48x, 40x, and even 32x? Mp3’s? Divx?

It the discs and writer is good enough most things could probably be recorded at max speed.

Here is some things that I would maybe not record at max.

-Music discs
-PSX games
-VCD/SVCD

Byside this, I trust the higher speeds as long as the discs can handle the speed.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Here is some things that I would maybe not record at max.

-Music discs
-PSX games
-VCD/SVCD

Byside this, I trust the higher speeds as long as the discs can handle the speed. [/B]

What would u recommend for svcd and vcd. i do a lot of these.

i feel not to write at max [for me 24x] but normally write at 12x ish

Originally posted by Airhead
Hmm, 48x, that is 7200kb/s…
I thought 32x was fast enough… :slight_smile:
With a 48x I will be able to save another 15 seconds, jippie! :wink:

Hopefully the 48X will be CAV, not Z-CLV. Oak already has a 48X CAV chipset ready. If it is a CAV drive, then it would be much better.

Normally with my LTR-24102B I write tham at max if I have good discs such as kodak, MPO, Mitsui toatsu and others. But If I just have some cheap discs then I limit the speed to 16X.

With my LTR-32123S I write at max 24X on good quality discs and 16X at low quality discs.

For me this have worked ok, but the best thing is to experiment for yourself.

Yep the 48X writers will be CAV writers, so you may see recording times as low as 2,5min.

just to clarify :

z-clv = an averaged out burn speed so u only write at 32x for the last few second of the burn.

CAV = the old system where 8x = 8x all the way.

That’s right isn’t it???

well if it is, and the 48x writers are cav, im definately gettin 1 :wink:

The OAK chipset supports Partial-CAV, meaning it starts writing slower than 48x on the inner tracks of the CD-R and rapidly increases (no stoping and starting like Z-CLV writers) to a point where it flattens out at 48x for the rest of the disc. The Yamaha CRW3200E burner does this, although at 24x (refer to the review of this burner at cdrinfo.com). Irregardless, it means a much faster burn (more or less around 2 minutes) with NO links between the different zones because there aren’t any. It would be very difficult to build a “true” 48x CAV burner because the rotational speeds to write on the inner tracks would be enormous!

Also, not all 48x burners will be P-CAV. Just because the OAK chipset supports P-CAV 48x speed doesn’t mean that the manufacturer has to implement it. It’s much simpler and cheaper to just up a 40x Z-CLV burner to a 48x Z-CLV burner since almost all 40x Z-CLV burners already read at 48x rotational speed (except the Plextor 40x :frowning: ).

No just to get this straight:

CLV(Constant Linear Velocity): Writes at the same speed all the way. Like starts at 16X and writes at 16X the whole disc. Can’t be used for newer/faster writers.

Zone CLV: Starts at one speed, like 20X then jumps up to 24X after a while, then 32X, and then finally 40X at the end of the disc if it’s a 40X drive. Used in most writers nowadays.

CAV(Constant Angular Velocity): Starts writing at Let’s say 20X and Increasing the whole time and reaching 48X at the very end of the disc. No zones/jumps in speed. The rotation speed of the disc is constant giving a constant increase in speed from the beginning to the end. Future writers will most likely be like this.

Partial-CAV: Starts writing at one speed(maybe 16X) and increasing constantly until it reaches one point(maybe 24X), when this point is reached it will write at this speed(24X) the rest of the disc. Yamaha uses this technology in their writers.

just so we know what to look forward to:
my liteon 40x12x48 burner, for a 79:41 disc, has a read time of 2 mins 12 seconds, and thats cav :slight_smile:

starts at 22x finishes about 49.5

read? we’re talking about write

Originally posted by DamnedIfIknow
…with NO links between the different zones because there aren’t any.

I am new to writing at high-speed. Which technique does my LTR-40125S need to use to prevent the writing of the link-blocks? CLV? How do I accomplish this? Setting the writing speed not higher than 16 sp?

Does anybody know where to find more info on the ‘link-blocks’? Does this mean when you write a backup with CloneCD at high speed (using Z-CLV) you will never get an exact copy because of the introduced link-blocks?

:confused:

It may make a very tiny gap between the zones, but this gap is not bigger than the gap you’ll get of dust on the disc(dust particles that’s so small that you can’t see them). This very tiny gap is easily corrected by the drives built in error-correction and will not affect the play quality in any way.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
read? we’re talking about write

i was getting at the fact that 48x cav (read OR write) takes 2 mins 12 secs

Not always :wink:

When writing it runs a Power calibration first, maybe it writes the lead in and out at a lower speed…

At the end it will probably be very close to 48X and not 49X or 50X…

All this together makes me think that 2,5 mins+ is a more realistic burntime for a 48X CAV writer…

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]

I am new to writing at high-speed. Which technique does my LTR-40125S need to use to prevent the writing of the link-blocks? CLV? How do I accomplish this? Setting the writing speed not higher than 16 sp?

Does anybody know where to find more info on the ‘link-blocks’? Does this mean when you write a backup with CloneCD at high speed (using Z-CLV) you will never get an exact copy because of the introduced link-blocks?

:confused: [/B]

The fastest CLV speed that the LTR-40125S and most other 40x burners can write is 20x. However, like my buddy OC-Freak said, the Z-CLV links are not a big deal since the gaps are less than 1 micron.

Ok, I understand it doesn’t matter links-blocks are there. But I am still interested in what the layout is of a link-block. Anybody know where I can find some more info?

:slight_smile:

There is no link-block. Only a small gap from where it stopped recording at one speed to where it started recording at higher speed. But this gap is so small that it’s not a problem(corrected by the drives error correction function).

Ah, now I understand! Thanx for the info. But I have still a question: would it be possible to detect by software if there are ‘link-blocks’ on a cd?

:slight_smile: