Rev wright blames america again on pearl harbor anniversary

vbimport

GUYS
REV WRIGHT was at it again. This time he was blaming
america for bombing hiroshima and nagasaki, on the anniversary
of JAPAN attacking pearl harbor. I wonder if he knows his
history
ZAP.:(:frowning:http://www.foxnews.com/hannityandcolmes/index.html

He knows history but he needs to keep his flock ginned up and filling the collection plates when he passes them around. It always amazes me how these so called" Men of God" can obtain a following of thousands, or in some cases millions, by spewing hatred from the pulpit. It isn’t just a black thing either but an equal opportunity phenomenon. Funny how the USA is to the point racially the we can elect a black president and Wright still thinks we are horrible nation. Then is selects an act from over sixty years ago to paint us today as being scum. I bet if he was one of the soldiers that would have had to storm the Japanese beaches for a land invasion he would have a whole different viewpoint. The two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan saved millions of American AND Japanese lives. IMO, the lives it cost was a good trade for the lives it saved for both countries. It also kept Japan from being invaded by the Soviet Union which would have likely resulted in a North and South Japan being created in the likes of Germany, Korea and Vietnam.

UTR
I Agree,but you have to have a sense of humor about it.
REV. WRIGHT,FATHER FLAGGOR[IF I SPELLED HIS NAME RIGHT]
OBAMA, claiming he didn’t hear the good REV. saying these things
after almost twenty years of going to his church is laughable!.
ZAP/:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I could not find the interviewed that you linked to, but we did drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They would not give up and it was estimated that up to 250,000 losses of life could occur in we invaded. So we bombed them and ended the war.

@UTR, I am American. I also am Puerto Rican. All Puerto Ricans are Americans. I suffer racism constantly in this country. This country is full of racists ass holes. It doesn’t mean that America is a racists country, however, racism is alive and doing quite well here. I am rather large in stature so I don’t get too many comments to my face.
I studied Sil lum Kung Fu for over 10 years so the few people who were stupid enough to insult me were dealt with. It is very easy to discern the looks on people’s faces when my son is invited for a play date and then the parents see me (my wife is Irish-English) and that “look” goes across their face. We are not a horrible nation, Wright is an asshole who plays to his base, just like these Right wing Preachers that preach Catholics are the church of Satan and call St. Mary the “whore of Babylon”. This occurs every day on T.V and Radio. We have freedom of expression, I wish more of these people would suffer the consequences for what they express. Rev. Hagee, the nutjob who preaches the world is 4000 years old is one that comes to mind. He is just as bad as Rev. Wright. Listen to his sermon on the pending doom for American because of it’s policy on Israel. (I support Israel but it has gone too far with it’s settlements.)

ZATHROS
I hear where you are coming from. Your right . The good
REV. is a race bater who is giving his church mis information.
So that was my point.
ZAP:bigsmile::frowning:

Zathos, racism is alive in this country but, IMO, it is not widely practiced. In fact, I think all the races practice about the same amount of racism per capita of their particular race. Racism dies a little more with each succeeding generation and one day it will almost be gone but we probably won’t live to see it. I think it is time blacks turn an eye toward themselves and start dealing with the Rev. Wrights in their ranks. We are at a point where racists need to be confronted no matter what their race is and especially by the people in their own race. It is the only way we will ever get rid of racism. Whites have been held to a high racial standard and it is time to apply it to everyone.

[QUOTE=UTR;2173809]Zathos, racism is alive in this country but, IMO, it is not widely practiced. In fact, I think all the races practice about the same amount of racism per capita of their particular race. Racism dies a little more with each succeeding generation and one day it will almost be gone but we probably won’t live to see it. I think it is time blacks turn an eye toward themselves and start dealing with the Rev. Wrights in their ranks. We are at a point where racists need to be confronted no matter what their race is and especially by the people in their own race. It is the only way we will ever get rid of racism. Whites have been held to a high racial standard and it is time to apply it to everyone.[/QUOTE]

I have to read between the lines on your post because my past experience in reading your posts shows me you have a good heart. Racism and Nationalism is on the rise. I will not speak of blacks because I am not one. The racism between different Hispanic cultures would probably boggle your mind. Puerto Rican people get racism from everyone. We get it from other Hispanics who feel that we do not do enough for them as we are Americans and God forbid if a Puerto Rican states a “protect the border” position. We get it from white people. I married a Irish-English women (the term “White” is derogatory in my view). I got flack from Hispanics and Anglo-Europeans and Black people. Racism is as widely practiced as before but now it is more insidious. People who are racists don’t even realize they are. You, in my opinion, are projecting you good nature onto to others who may not necessarily deserve it. The issue is now becoming an economic divide. Racism will creep in as the economy gets tougher and people start scrambling for what little is left. Nationalism: the world seems to be in the same position it was in before WW1. I think you and I have far more in agreement , I understand your position. I live in a predominantly “white” town in Connecticut. I was born and raised in Connecticut. People don’t ask me if I am a Yankee, they ask me "“Are you Puerto Rican?”, because of my coffee/cream colored skin. Believe it or not, since 9/11, I have seen racism against Hispanics shift. Now it goes towards Middle Eastern people. On 9/11 I wanted to wear a pin saying “I am Puerto Rican Damn it”, because I got so many dirty looks from people who couldn’t tell an apple from an orange. I know where you are coming from.

Did you hear Jesse Jackson Jr. was on the list looking to purchase Obama’s empty Senate seat?

Does this surprise anyone? It’s a good way for him to stay in the headlines. It’s the same reason people like Bill O’Reilly decide to say such radical, idiotic statements - no publicity is bad publicity, eh?

As to WWII … I’m sure if you had family living in either Hiroshima or Nagasaki, your viewpoint would be slightly different as to whether or not the atomic bombings were justified. Aside from visiting ground zero after Sept. 11, one of the saddest and most somber experiences I ever had was standing by the war memorial in Hiroshima.

Racism alive in America? gasp No way! It’s unfortunately something that always existed, and will continue to exist as long as the U.S. is still a nation. It appears just be something we have to get used to living with…

Zathos,

I grew up in a very small town in the Midwest where 99% of the population was white. We had two blacks in my entire school system and they were both extremely popular with the students. I never saw or heard any racism from anyone around me in school. I also attended a small private college where there was a few more minorities but by most standards they were in numbers far below the national averages. I think that a benefit from this upbringing is that I was never personally exposed to overt racism. It didn’t exist for whatever reason in my world in any way I could perceive.

Then I graduated college and came to work in the Washington, DC area. Anyone that lives here knows the ethnic diversity is huge. You will meet people from all over the world and 80%+ of DC is black. I never had a racial issue with anyone I have met personally here in over 20 years. My first boss was an immigrant Egyptian woman and I never thought a thing about it. The first close friend I made here was an Arab immigrant who is married to a Peruvian immigrant. My neighbors are black and we talk politics all the time with no issues. To me all these claims of racism are not overtly present in my world. I think having a lack of exposure to racism in my first 22 years now gives me an unvarnished view at how people of different ethnic groups behave. IMO, all races practice racist behavior to a degree and I think it is about even between the groups. As a whole, the country is making progress with every new generation. To think that less than 50 years ago about all the racism that was practiced against blacks and today we have voted a black man as President of the United States is a great benchmark to show how far we have progressed.

Being white I really don’t know where you are coming from. I haven’t experienced the problems you have endured. All I can say is that I have known enough people from so many different places that skin color is never an indicator of their worth. Also, I think no one can tell much about a person from a look they give in passing in passing you on the street. I think we have to get beyond making snap judgments that really have no justification behind them. I’m sure there are days that the look on my face can be interpreted many ways if you pass me in the street and the reason it is there has nothing to do with the skin color of the person I pass. It is probably because the housing industry is in the tank and I have land development projects that are at a standstill.

As for the Goverorgate, I think that mess has the potential to really cut a wide swath through the Democrat Party and especially the Chicago political swamp. This behavior is just standard fair for Chicago. I do think Fitzgerald is a good person to spearhead this. He is thorough and a pit bull if prosecutions are immanent. My guess is he has much more evidence that anyone can believe right now. All he gave us was a teaser. Also, anyone that thinks the Governor didn’t have pointed conversations with many people about selling this senate seat is living in a fantasy lands. If you want me to give a knee jerk answer about Jackson I think he knew all about it. The only question that remains is just how smart he was about keeping the evidence to show it from seeing the light of day.

[QUOTE=Randomus;2173952]
As to WWII … I’m sure if you had family living in either Hiroshima or Nagasaki, your viewpoint would be slightly different as to whether or not the atomic bombings were justified. Aside from visiting ground zero after Sept. 11, one of the saddest and most somber experiences I ever had was standing by the war memorial in Hiroshima.[/QUOTE]

Having the opinion that the dropping of the nukes in WWII was the right thing to do doesn’t exclude one from feeling pain for the people those bombs killed. We all have to make decisions where all the choices are far from optimal or absolutely right. Sometimes we have to choose the lesser of the evils. If there is anything we might have done better it would have been to chose different targets but then we could have chosen targets that would have killed far more people. Also, knowing what we do now, 50+ years later, it is easy to second guess the decisions made back then. If we were now in the thick of it and had lost hundreds of thousands of Americans in a five year long war I bet most of us would say drop the bombs. Especially so, when looking at a land invasion of Japan that would kill hundreds of thousands more Americans and probably over a million Japanese.

Racism exists in every country I have ever been to, and I have been to quite a few. It is part of human nature. A part that many rise above and others do not. We all are going to die. We all have it coming to us. We all will get what we deserve. No one will get awat with anything. Depending on who you are this can be a very positive or very negative statement.

The only thing that will all but eliminate racism is an alien invasion like the one in the movie “Independence Day.”

@UTR, Racism in New England is very different from what is experienced in the Mid-west and the South. I went to a Pizza Hut in Wisconsin once and the really beautiful young cashier asked me"Where are you from?", I answered, I am from Connecticut but my parents are Spanish. She stated, “You have such beautiful skin”, I was flabbergasted. The pizza was great to. Racism in New England is hidden. Only those who experience it know it. I drove my motor home to a campground in North Carolina. When I entered the pool all the white people got out of the pool… I didn’t really notice it, my wife did. I have such bad eye vision that anything 50 feet away from me is blurry. The looks I got on 9/11 where pretty obvious. I too have friends of many cultures. It is people like you and myself, I believe, will lead by example the proper way to treat our fellow man.

I wonder how different things might have been if all of this came out before the election.

P.S. Many Hispanics believe that I am “Anglo”, because I do not speak with an accent and dress in flannel shirts and blue jeans. Truth be know, I read and write Spanish fluently, can conjugate sentences in German with the help of a dictionary and cook many different types of Caribbean food, most Puerto Rican dishes and a few Indian ones too. So like I said, I get it from everyone. The phrase other Hispanics have used against me is that I am “whiteified”.(I am not even sure how to spell that). I am not complaining though, American is my home, my country, and I love America, and always will.

The sooner we all say we a Americans first and drop the hyphens the better off we will be racially.

As for Governorgate, if this reaches all the way up to Obama the press is going to get skewered. Watching the news tonight I can see them starting their defense of Obama. They talk like they know he did nothing wrong when in reality the don’t know a damn thing.

I like the hyphens when used in conjunction or in reference to food, which I happen to love and eat many different types of food. I have found though, when I leave the U.S. of A., everyone knows I am American. They spot us a mile away. That doesn’t bother me.

If he blaming us for bombing hiroshima and nagasaki then he is 100 percent right. We did bomb them. If he saying we should not have then he should watch the World at war dvds and see why we use the bomb. We lost over 12,000 kill at Okinawa and would have lost over 100,000 if we had went into Japan. Reading and studying the time of the end of the war points to the fact that within a few days Japan would have surrendered without us going into Japan. But even saying that even 1000 more american solders lives lost would have been to many and I am sure that a lot more than that were being lost everyday as prisoners. We also would have been bombing there cities with regular bombs and they would have lost hundred of thousands that way. The president was right in using the bombs.

Plus, the USA didn’t start that war and Japan had shown little mercy on those they had conquered. Their war atrocities against the Chinese, Filipinos and POWs among others were as ruthless as the Germans committed against the Jews. I think the whole thing about Japan being on the verge of surrendering was far from true. They planned to fight a conventional war to the last man and woman. The nukes just made them realize that the USA could destroy them completely from the air without taking casualties. The fact was that we only had the two nukes we dropped. If Japan knew this at the time, I wonder if they would have surrendered on Aug 6th. At that point in time it took quit a while to get enough uranium to make a bomb so we more or less bluffed them into thinking we had more bombs by dropping the two we had one after the other.

[QUOTE=UTR;2174178]Plus, the USA didn’t start that war and Japan had shown little mercy on those they had conquered. Their war atrocities against the Chinese, Filipinos and POWs among others were as ruthless as the Germans committed against the Jews. I think the whole thing about Japan being on the verge of surrendering was far from true. They planned to fight a conventional war to the last man and woman. The nukes just made them realize that the USA could destroy them completely from the air without taking casualties. The fact was that we only had the two nukes we dropped. If Japan knew this at the time, I wonder if they would have surrendered on Aug 6th. At that point in time it took quit a while to get enough uranium to make a bomb so we more or less bluffed them into thinking we had more bombs by dropping the two we had one after the other.[/QUOTE] It seems that the imperial government believed the United States had more atomic bombs, which is why they surrendered.

Even so, with a full naval blockade around Japan, the war, as some historians have pointed out, would have been over before 1946. The Japanese military was absolutely crippled, and many of the infantry were starting (and had been starving for quite some time).

It seems President Truman was interested in flexing his muscles against the Soviet Union, not necessarily saving lives of the Japanese people. Many G.I.s who were in Europe were on the boats towards the Pacific.

But it’s irrelevant if we argue about it today – what’s done is done. We just have the power today to ensure that if an atomic weapon is ever used again, it’s done for the absolutely best reason(s) possible.

Not one person who was with Truman at the time supports that he was intereseted in flexing his muscle against the Soviet Union. He wa wanting it done before the Soviet Union entered the war against Japan. This they did two days before we used the bomb. Everything written by him or the people around him was that he wanded no more GIs killed and he did not want Russia to have any say over how Japan was rebuilt. As a point of fact after the war the only one allowed to control Japan way the US, which I might add was the best thing for Japan.

I think we need to remember the attitude back then after having fought a multi-front war and lost hundreds of thousands of Americans in the process. Then add to it the ferocious fighting we encountered in taking some very small islands and I’m sure the consensus in the military and civilian circles was taking Japan through conventional means would be extremely costly in lives and time. Japan had clearly shown us that they could extract severe American casualties with limited resources. Had Truman not used the A-bombs he might have faced impeachment for letting more soldiers die in an extended conventional war. Plus, most Americans didn’t view a Japanese life as being worth much because of Pearl Harbor and their treatment of Allied POWs. Keeping the USSR out of Japan wasn’t the main reason for dropping the bombs but I’m sure it was a fringe benefit that wasn’t overlooked.

No one ever talks about the neutron bomb anymore. Do people really think we have stopped developing it? I wonder how Mr. Wright would feel if we used something like that to avenge a country that sponsors a terrorists attack against us. Or if such a bomb was used in a lawless area where terrorists hide out of reach of civilized society and the law. There would be minimal collateral damage. Only a civilized society could produce a neutron bomb, how ironic. Oh ye planners of the next 9/11 or Pearl Harbor be afraid. We’ve had enough. I personally have had enough of Rev. Wrong.