Retrieving footage off a DVD-RW disc

vbimport

Hey everybody would someone please be able to help me i have a Sony video cam that records straight to disc. I finished the disc and my partner was tryig to finalize the disc and managed to wipe everything off it and then got angry and has smashed the whole camera which has cracked the disc I am absolutly devistated as it has our daughters 1st Xmas on it . I don’t have my hopes up on the footage being retreived but I have to try so if anyone knows of somewhere I could maybe send it to try be recovered iwould be forever greatful.

[QUOTE=Zoedanieltaya;2568296]Hey everybody would someone please be able to help me i have a Sony video cam that records straight to disc. I finished the disc and my partner was tryig to finalize the disc and managed to wipe everything off it and then got angry and has smashed the whole camera which has cracked the disc I am absolutly devistated as it has our daughters 1st Xmas on it . I don’t have my hopes up on the footage being retreived but I have to try so if anyone knows of somewhere I could maybe send it to try be recovered iwould be forever greatful.[/QUOTE]

Well how bad is the crack can you get us a jpg of the crack to know for sure how back? If the crack is beyond the center into the media itself that usually means it gone but would depend on how far the crack is into the media layer itself?

Hi and welcome!

Let me reprase this: The disc has been deleted and then mechanically damaged?
Uh oh :frowning:

The main problem is the damaged disc. If attempted to read, it might shatter into small pieces which could damage the drive also.
And if the disc were not physically damaged, then retrieving data off a “formatted” disc is questionable also. This depends on the method of formatting applied by the device.

You may ask a professional data recovery service like Kroll Ontrack if they can help. Recoverin data off optical media is not on the list of their services, but I think you can’t lose if you call them.

Michael