Retard, pleaz help so he don't stab himself

vbimport

Hey,

Ok, first off I suck because I can’t even install XP on my Raptor (Don’t ask…)

My main concern is why i cant use 4 seperate Sata devices on my p4p800-e deluxe board. Only two of the devices will work. Maybe it has something to do with the other two being in Raid mode or something.

Is there a way to switch the Raid mode Sata’s to regular?

If there is, can you do a walk through that even your grandmother could understand (I know it’s hard, but please try)?

Any suggestions, comments, and sarcasm welcome.

Hi and Welcome![quote=randomguy29;2102750]
My main concern is why i cant use 4 seperate Sata devices on my p4p800-e deluxe board. Only two of the devices will work. Maybe it has something to do with the other two being in Raid mode or something.[/quote]Perhaps. Are there data on these discs or are they blank?

Is there a way to switch the Raid mode Sata’s to regular?
Normally, there is. Please consult the manual of your motherboard to locate the Bios option that is needed. If you don’t need a Raid setup at all, IDE is the best option.
In any other case, you need to feed drivers on a floppy disc during Windows setup. Details are also provided in the manual. If I remember correctly, there is even a dedicated manual for dealing with the Raid controller.

Any suggestions, comments, and sarcasm welcome.
Start with reading the manuals at first.

Michael

Randomguy, do you really need raid? I mean are you running a server? For the normal computer user raid is a total waste of resources, if anything its a scam that started to get people to buy more HDD’s, synthetic benchmarks do not mirror normal computer use.

ok…

fidgeting with the comp can do wonders

I just realized that the MB was preconfigured to have Raid and something like Promise thingy.

So i got rid of both and voila, all is good here

ty for all replies