Retaining ISO File

Using Wiondows XP with two DVD burners, 1 Benq and 1 Samsung with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 latest versions on both. the process works great all the way through to burning the DVD backup. Only problem is that I would also like to keep the ISO file but, if it is created, I can never find it. How do I set up both softwares so the ISO file is created and remains on my hard drive?

Under the final CloneDVD screen “Output Method”, check the bottom right corner for Options. Change the path or remember it and uncheck the option "Delete temporary video files after writing.

Or you could output it as an ISO and then burn it later with CloneDVD (Write existing data - option on 1st screen) or with the burning software of your choice.

[QUOTE=goober22]Under the final CloneDVD screen “Output Method”, check the bottom right corner for Options. Change the path or remember it and uncheck the option "Delete temporary video files after writing.

Thanks for the reply, strange thing is that I thought that might be the answer and unchecked the box but the iso file was not in the location of the path I set up. Guess I’ll have to continue experimenting. At least I have a one touch setup from beginning to burn which is great, it’s just nice to have the iso file in case the burn runs across a problem.

You might consider creating a new folder on the desktop and name it something like “work folder” or whatever you like and have your backup programs use it as the temp folder. Works for me anyway, hard to loose it when its right in front of me, LOL

Just have it output to an ISO then. Once done, burn the ISO. Not a 1-step process but you have the ISO.

I never copy on-the-fly anyway. Too many things can go wrong and ruin a disc. I always process the disc to an ISO, mount it and check it out in PowerDVD, then burn it to a disc. I never have problems this way.

Just read thru the other problem posts and see that almost all are copying on-the-fly. It’s rare to see one have trouble with splitting the process up.

Buckeyetom -

Totally relying on a Desktop “Work Folder” as suggested by campman although very convenient can be problematic. Many “Clean Up” software programs have a very nasty habit of removing Desktop Folders. A better move reliable means would be to place a Desktop “Short Cut” to your actual “Video File Work Folder” on your Desktop. This would provide the convenience of easily finding your “Video File Work Folder” but if you inadvertently delete the “Video File Work Folder” Desktop “Short Cut” the actual “Video File Work Folder” will still remain on your computer and you would not “Lose” all your Video File ISO’s. I believe this alternative is a “Safer” means to provide easy convenient access to your “Video File Work Folder” without the possible risk of inadvertently deleting all your Video File ISO’s.

BeLooken

clonedvd does not create an ISO before burning. it creates files.

if you’ve selected “output to ISO” it will create an ISO from these files.

if you’ve selected “burn to disc” it will burn to disc from these files.

unchecking “delete temporary files” makes sure the dvd files are preserved, but ther’es is no ISO because creating an ISO would be an extra step that takes longer. (after all dvds are made up of ifo, bup, and vob FILES, they are not ISOs)

the best option to do what you want to do is to “output to ISO” rather than burn to disc. this ensures that you create an ISO file that you can keep.

you can then burn this ISO file with clonedvd2’s “Write Existing Files” option.