Results with new Plextor and safedisk 2.51

vbimport

Heyy guys new results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i HAVE SUCCESFULLY COPIED Medal of hono, renegade etc.. with the new safedisk 2.

What i did was to use the new clony xxl 2.0.0.6 with clonecd 4.0.0.1 and did it this way and let clony xxl choose options. Simple really. I have a plextor 40/12/40a and i copied these games and tested in all drives and it works in cd-rom and everything.. So good try this i think this is one of the first reports that have been succcesful with the 40 x plex.

OHH yes make sure you have firmware 1.01 from www.plextor.com first. Please reply Thanks good luck.

:slight_smile:

Does the backup still work when you patch MOHAA to v1.11? Just curious since any backups I’ve made with my Plex 40x won’t. It’s really great news if this works for you! :slight_smile:

Well, I have a Plex 4012 using the 3.x version of Clone CD and could not backup MOHAA no matter what I tried.

I followed the instructions given here (got Clone 4, upgraded firmware, and used Clony). It worked like a dream… sort of. I finally was able to make backups that would start the game BUT not reliably. Sometimes the backup will work, sometimes not. It seems to work better in the original Plex drive that I burned it on and less reliably on the Acer 56x CD drive on my other machine. It goes in streaks, failing up to 6 times or so before finally reading it properly and starting the game.

I know it is not a prob with the Acer reading the protection okay because it doesn’t have any probs reading the original disks. Also, the Acer has been very reliable in every other way. Any suggestions on making a more reliable backup?

Originally posted by Stilicho
[B]I followed the instructions given here (got Clone 4, upgraded firmware, and used Clony). It worked like a dream… sort of. I finally was able to make backups that would start the game BUT not reliably. Sometimes the backup will work, sometimes not. It seems to work better in the original Plex drive that I burned it on and less reliably on the Acer 56x CD drive on my other machine. It goes in streaks, failing up to 6 times or so before finally reading it properly and starting the game.

I know it is not a prob with the Acer reading the protection okay because it doesn’t have any probs reading the original disks. Also, the Acer has been very reliable in every other way. Any suggestions on making a more reliable backup? [/B]
Plexies are notorious for producing a backup that ‘works’ in the burner only. However, there is no reason why you can’t use the default Game CD profile to make a backup that’ll work in your other devices - to this end, change your media to something recognised as quality, Kodak Gold Ultima is a good one for Plexies

Thanks for the info. I’ll give that a try.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Plexies are notorious for producing a backup that ‘works’ in the burner only. However, there is no reason why you can’t use the default Game CD profile to make a backup that’ll work in your other devices - to this end, change your media to something recognised as quality, Kodak Gold Ultima is a good one for Plexies

FutureProof,…I searched on the Internet for Kodak Gold Ultima media and found that Kodak no longer makes these and they’re getting as scarce as hen’s teeth! Any other media suggestions for us Plexie owners that you could kindly pass along would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Ummm…got me there, I was going to suggest Verbatim White but they are a bit expensive >$1 ea. I just bought 120 Verbatim 32x Light Blue from Dick Smith’s new Powerhouse @ Woden…20 pack = $9.99 wOOt but it won’t last 4ever

I also use the Imation 24x silvers from Harvey Norman 10=$9.99 and TDK 32x silver from Chandlers

16x Best Buys (neon & silver) are still good for writing test reads

JBL HiFi, Harvey Norman & Chandlers all have the Kodaks in stock (well, Canberra anyway) - watch out for the 74’ discs - same packaging as the 80’ except for the fine print

As for Plexies, I’m not sure; ask the God Of Media - he’s a Freak at this sort of thing

Thank you, FutureProof, on the media info. It’s always helpful to know what the guru of backups uses for successful burns! :slight_smile: