Results with NEC 3500 and Newegg Fugi 8x +R media

I just got some fugi 8x +R 100 pack media today
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProdu…-150-151&depa=0
They are definately YUDEN000 T02.

I tried them on my NEC at 16x using Nero 6.6 and it burned what appears to a newbie flawlessly in 7.21 i verified with NERO as i dont know how to use the tools you guys use. Then i played in in my standalone which is very finicky. Pretty good deal $69 for 100 16x disk. I also burned a few in my new Pioneer DVR-108 (1.14 FW) and they seemed to burn without issue although faster at 6.59. Im pleased with this great media so far.

Just and FYI incase anyone was looking

M*XI

First of all, nice crosspost.

7:21 is a bit slow for TY discs burned at 16x with the NEC ND-3500 (should range somewhere between 5:50 and 6:50). Seems like the NEC drive reduced the speed considerably after error rates started to get high and WOPC kicked in (-> 16x was too high for your disc). Try to burn those discs at 12x with the NEC, it should burn them in less than 7 minutes.

TY 8x DVD+R discs should generally burned at 12x max. and not higher, if quality is your main concern that is. You won’t save much time burning them at 16x, on the contrary (the NEC drive burns a full disc in 6:30 - 7:00 minutes in 12x Z-CLV mode).

thx for the info,

I dont see it as a cross post because i posted data relative to 2 seperate drives in 2 seperate forums. Assuming people with Pioneer drives visit the Pioneer forum and people with NEC drives visit the NEC forum. IN reality you cross BROWSE forums and seen them both. At any rate as you can tell im new to all this just wanted to let peeps know about those disk. So your saying if i knew how to run the software thats measures burn quality i would fine that media sustained alot of write errors at 16x and the drive actually tried to slow down to compensate? so that a 12x burn would yield higher quality burn and more consistant ( and faster ) burn times? I also have a Lite-ON 1633 BSOH FW and it wont burn them past 8x

thx
M*XI

I have the 3500 and purchased Fujifilm 8X +R’s at Fry’s. I have no problem burning them at 16X with a total time of 6:10 including Lead Out. I have burned at least 4 of these discs so far and the time has been consistent.

Bob

You know, we have a general recording hardware forum also, where you can post threads that are not drive / brand specific. That’s where your thread would have perfectly fit in. Or in the media forum, since this is primarily about the Fuji TY media you bought from Newegg.

Besides, you don’t even need to “cross browse” both forums (NEC and Pioneer) to see both threads. If you click on the “New Posts” link on top of the forum page, you get all new posts in all forums listed, that’s how I spotted your crosspost. Whatever, I just mentioned it because you actually did it in a smarter way than most people (by slightly “adjusting” your threads for both forums).

So your saying if i knew how to run the software thats measures burn quality i would fine that media sustained alot of write errors at 16x and the drive actually tried to slow down to compensate? so that a 12x burn would yield higher quality burn and more consistant ( and faster ) burn times? I also have a Lite-ON 1633 BSOH FW and it wont burn them past 8x

thx
M*XI

Not actual “write errors” (if you mean unrecoverable errors), but the PI/PIF error rate (or jitter) started to increase considerably, so the WOPC feature of the drive kicked in to guarantee a good burn quality still (you may want to check that yourself by doing a Kprobe scan with your LiteOn drive). And yes, the 12x burn should be of higher quality in any case (even if your drive writes the discs in ~6 minutes at 16x like in bobmitch’s case), because at 16x, the highest speed is reached exactly where the quality of the discs is usually the worst, the end of the disc. That’s because it is very hard to guarantee consistent high quality from the first to the last sector of the disc, due to the production method primarily used today in the DVD media production process.

That’s why 12x burns can often be faster than 16x burns indeed, depending on the quality of the disc.

Thx for the info againt packetloss,

Im going to do a few more burns and see what i get. I have alot to learn i guess i need to get kprobe ect. I dont understand how he’s getting full minute faster with same drive and media. Does the data type matter? I was using Nero 6.6 with nero express writing to a Video DVD compilation.

Thx
M*XI