Results/Discussion: LG WH16NS58DUP (SVC. Code NS58, 2016+)

Chipset: Mediatek MT1959HWDN

@jadburner
There is no additional label or information from VinPower?
Laser identical to the SVC: NS55 -Hitachi HOP- B711

@czary2mary1 - Correct, there are no other labels or information on the drive.

According to the Vinpower press release this drive is supposed to support quality scanning, but here’s my first attempt with ODC.

@jadburner
And what is the situation discquality program PlexTool Lite?

Similar result using PlexTools:

I’ve uploaded the firmware for this drive here.

Firmware dump created using Devilsclaw flasher (thank you, czary2mary1):

flasher -d [drive id] -l firmware.bin 6 00000000 00200000

@jadburner
I asked Vinpower in Europe but do not yet have these models, or do not know anything about them. As soon as you try to reach something more to determine how the matter tests discquality

I’ve just noticed the fine print on the product page that says the ability to analyse discs is an optional feature and must be added at the ‘factory level’.

So perhaps not all of the drives sold as WH16NS58DUP can scan?

http://www.vinpowerdigital.com/main/product.aspx?CategoryID=121&Keyword=Vinpower_Blu-ray_Duplication_Drive

It seems to me that the testing version of the LG WH16NS58DQ.?
https://www.officepro.ne.jp/search/group_list.html?n=158

It includes PlexTools Lite, so that should be the one. A question for Vinpower is how/where to get that version of the drive.

Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL
Branded
MKM 003 (Made in UAE)
WH16NS58DUP (1.00)
Burned at 4x

Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL
Branded
MKM 003 (Made in UAE)
WH16NS58DUP (1.00)
Burned at 8x

Where did you buy the drive from?

My contact seemed to suggest the 1.00 firmware doesn’t look right as he can’t remember any being shipped with that version. He said models of the drive that shipped with plextools lite should be able to scan and that it is a feature (at least for BD scanning?) that needs to be enabled prior to being shipped out.

You should probably contact your supplier and see about an exchange or something.

My drives came from RunTechMedia, a distributor of Vinpower. The drives came as bulk drives, so no box or software. I have not yet found a U.S. distributor with the retail version of the drive.

Didn’t you say it came with PlexTools Lite though?

I guess that’s where you got your Pioneer drives from too? :slight_smile: You’ve spent a lot on drives this month! I’d like to take a look at the Pioneer but the price of them is crazy at the moment… especially if I also get hit for import tax… which I inevitably would. :frowning:

I guess it’s worth contacting RunTechMedia to see what’s what then.

Unfortunately the WH16NS58DUP drive came without software. I had PlexTools from a previous purchase of a PX-891SAF. I’m following up with VinPower and RunTechMedia on the drive.

The Pioneer drives came from Japan. :slight_smile: I’m sure it will be a while before the BDR-S11 series will be available here in the U.S.

PlexDisc Liquid Defense Plus 8x DVD+R DL
White inkjet hub printable
RITEK-S04 (Made in Taiwan)
WH16NS58DUP (1.00)
Burned at 4x

PlexDisc Liquid Defense Plus 8x DVD+R DL
White inkjet hub printable
RITEK-S04 (Made in Taiwan)
WH16NS58DUP (1.00)
Burned at 8x