Restoring back to DVR-110D?

Hello,

Like six months ago I was a fool and patched my DVR-110D firmware to some weird one and therefore upgraded it to DVR-110 with DVD-RAM support. Now I’m trying to restore it back to DVR-110D and apply, let’s say, 1.22* as I need bitsetting and my current firmware doesn’t support it (when using DVDInfoPro, I get “Pioneeer drives do not support bitsetting” message). The problem is, that I just can’t do it. I have tried some different firmwares (both DVR-110 and DVR-110D), but I couldn’t find a single working (always getting that “The PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110 is not supported by this utility - Aborting”)…

Here’s my recent try to restore to DVR-110D 1.37:

Currently RPC1 with Bitsetting firmware based on 1.22 (Synthesized from 8.22). Drive will remain as regular “GENERAL” model, not Buffalo “OEM_INT” model.

Please, I’d really appreciate any help… Thank you in advance.

I have just found a few sources: 1 and 2, which have info regarding that 8.37. You know, it may be actually that firmware, but I’m still not sure. Are there any other, not so feature-full 8.37 firmwares? Anyway, there is a feature “Auto bitsetting” – does that mean, that I do not need to set DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM via DVDInfoPro? If so, does it make any sense, that DVDInfoPro doesn’t let me do bitsetting, even if Pioneer should auto set it?

I’m quite new to this and that is why I’m trying to figure out everything. And, well… I do not want to waste DL media.

Solved elsewhere. Thank you for your time.