Resetting back to original firmware 5045

Hi folks

In a moment of stupidity, i flashed an upgraded firmware on my 5045 to try to cure a bad disc read thingy.

ive just looked at the file, and its the official one from the site and its v205.

BUT… the bliddy thing’s got some record blocker on which has stopped me recording half my channels :frowning:

is there any way of putting back the original firmware, say like a factory reset code or anything.

Its a UK version D.O.M dec 2004

M01…765

Cheers

Here’s a good archive of old firmware for the 5045, any region.

http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/5045/index.htm

nice one

i ve downloaded and unzipped the file. since my recorder has a standard file on it , do you just burn the hacked file to a cd and boot up the recorder with it in ?

Hi All,

I am at a loss I just picked up a 5005 and tried to hack the firmware and it will not let me do it. I have done a number of 5005’s but this one will not let me.

The SN is SN: 0102-0143-0063-F2SC (100-0109) I have tried all the hacked ones I have for the 5005 and still no luck and also went to the puma site that has all the firmware and hacked firmware but they no longer show the firmware for US just UK did they get shut down?.

Can anyone help.

Thanks.

Tony1111, do a system restore under setup, this will not erase your hdd, burn and finalize the cd, don’t rename the file, load the cd in and follow the instructions.

gash44, did you run the hack program from http://www.ncc2315.com/ilo/ on your current 0063 firmware? That should work, but it won’t work on firmware versions past 0098.

I can not get the current firmware to hack. I do have the hacking program from Mr. Wizard. I opened the machine and the mother board says its a 5001A and the manufacture date for the 5005 is Jan 2004. I tried 5001 hacked firmware that I have and it did not work just tells me its a data disc.

The PumaPeople site that had all the firmware and hacked firmware no longer has any US firmware just UK. Do you know if they got shut down.

If you have any other advise it would be great. One other thing that I did notice when I opened the case is that the fan is hard wired to the board. I am thinking it was one of the first 5005’s and it was sent back to the factory for repairs and they added the fan and changed the firmware. All the other 5005’s I have have fans that plug into the mother board.

Anyway sorry for being so long winded.

Thanks for you help.

That is very odd, and even the ILO link I gave now shows very limited firmware where it used to have a long list of firmwares. There seems to be a problem at the LiteOn site too because it gives “Page cannot be found” when clicking on download link. Are you following instructions from ILO site, especially resetting the recorder to default in the setup menu before inserting CD with firmware?

One thing you could try when the Data Disk error is given is to turn off the recorder with the CD containing firmware in it and power on again. I’ve done 3 different 5005s and had to do that with 1 of the 3, and the update proceeded when powered on again. Does anybody know what happened to all the US firmwares that used to be at the ILO link?

[quote=bevills1;2080017]That is very odd, and even the ILO link I gave now shows very limited firmware where it used to have a long list of firmwares. There seems to be a problem at the LiteOn site too because it gives “Page cannot be found” when clicking on download link. Are you following instructions from ILO site, especially resetting the recorder to default in the setup menu before inserting CD with firmware?

One thing you could try when the Data Disk error is given is to turn off the recorder with the CD containing firmware in it and power on again. I’ve done 3 different 5005s and had to do that with 1 of the 3, and the update proceeded when powered on again. Does anybody know what happened to all the US firmwares that used to be at the ILO link?[/quote]

Thanks for the advice tried all you suggested but still no luck. Got me stumped thats for sure. Your right about the Liteon site had the same thing happen to me. Somethings going on. Well I will keep trying. Thanks again for your help.

According to “Disable MV on LVW-5005” post, last updated 5-12-08, under “DVD Recorders” forum at http://www.normsforum.com/ units with 0143 in serial number can’t be hacked. Post #23 at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f102/liteon-lvw5005-upgrade-failures-120651/ seems to confirm that since serial number in that post is same as yours. You might try sending PM to that poster to determine if he ever found a solution. What’s even more troubling though is disappearance of firmwares from sites plus no 5005 firmwares currently available from LiteOn site itself. Does this mean no more 5005 updates from LiteOn ever again?

Edit: Correction, post #23 successfully hacked 0063 firmware but was unable to flash hacked 0076 firmware after he’d already flashed with official 0076 firmware. If you get lucky, he may have the 0063 firmware if you don’t have it already which might enable you to hack your unit.