Reset Remote Control to unit (Sony RDR-VX560 - DVD recorder/VCR combo)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony RDR-VX560 - DVD recorder/VCR combo. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I just purchased this unit new at Circuit City. After making the necessary connections, I powered up my TV and the recorder to access the Easy Setup screen. I happened upon the Options screen and (without reading the instructions) changed my Command Mode from DVD3 to DVD1. Now the remote control will not operate the recorder AT ALL.

Is there someway to reset the blasted thing? I’ve tried unpluging it, but that doesn’t seem to work.

I figured it out on my own. Yippie!:clap:

I am in the same boat but I have not figured it out.So what is the process to unlock?

Oh it would have been nice if SkipFrank had explained how he solved the problem :frowning:

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

On the remote, press and hold down the enter key followed by the number you selected for the command mode. Keep both buttons held down for at least 3 seconds. Check if the remote operates the unit now.

If you can’t remember which command mode you selected, try pressing both Enter & ‘1’ down for over three seconds and try operating the unit. If this doesn’t work, repeat for Enter & ‘2’ and finally Enter & ‘3’.

I have the same problem, how did you do it?
Bill

QUOTE=SkipFrank;2201183]I figured it out on my own. Yippie!:clap:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Seán;2242358]Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

On the remote, press and hold down the enter key followed by the number you selected for the command mode. Keep both buttons held down for at least 3 seconds. Check if the remote operates the unit now.

If you can’t remember which command mode you selected, try pressing both Enter & ‘1’ down for over three seconds and try operating the unit. If this doesn’t work, repeat for Enter & ‘2’ and finally Enter & ‘3’.[/QUOTE]

If the above doesn’t work, Sony told me to do this and it worked!
Remove both batteries. While the batteries are removed, press [U]EACH[/U] button on the remote twice (ugh!).
Now replace the batteries.
It worked like magic. :iagree:

Can you tell me what you did? I’m having the same problem.

This works for me. turn the unit off then push stop inside the door. it reads DVD 1 or DVD 2 last will be DVD 3. Hold the Remote 2 ft from the unit hold down the ENTER and the # in the window of the unit. if it reads DVD 2. Hold enter 2 at the same time for 5 sec. then turn the unit on and the remote should work. if you remove the battery or the battier die for more then a month you may need to do this. Hope this works for you.