Reset progressive scan Trutech DVD+VHS combo

Stupid(me) was playing with the setup menu and hit progressive scan when I was not paying attention so I can not paly with my new 40$ player >>

First DVD recorder I have gotten as well…dose not seem to work with DL discs when I tested it before I screwed it up…

I should be able to follow directions like turn on unit, wait X time, press setup, press X,press y,press Z then it should come back on…

I wonder if the unit has a battery in it…

Thanks for any help!

Have a look in the manual for how to reset to factory settings.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2192850]Have a look in the manual for how to reset to factory settings.[/QUOTE]

The manual basically says go into the menu and change the progressive scan option…the trouble is…I can see a damned thing because its already set to progressive scan and there is no legible video single since I have no progressive scan video devices…

If I could see the setup menu this would not be a problem…

Unless someone here has the same model (you didn’t list it) and can walk you through the menus, it may be easier to exchange it for a new one or try a different video output.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2193435]Unless someone here has the same model (you didn’t list it) and can walk you through the menus, it may be easier to exchange it for a new one or try a different video output.[/QUOTE]

DOH! model is drt-s810.

Hard to exchange something you got online,on liquidation.

You must know somebody with component inputs.

Or try another video output.

Most of these combo players use separate outputs for the DVD and VHS sides. You may be able to view the setup menu from both outputs.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2193613]Or try another video output.

Most of these combo players use separate outputs for the DVD and VHS sides. You may be able to view the setup menu from both outputs.[/QUOTE]

Tried that Composite(AV),Svid, Component, RF(Cable) tho it dose not seem to output anything to RF.

Also tried it on my Win TV PCI card and Creative montage TV to VGA converter… nothing gives…

Then the only other option that I’m aware of, is to connect it to a TV with the input you had active, which in this case sounds like component video.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2199076]Then the only other option that I’m aware of, is to connect it to a TV with the input you had active, which in this case sounds like component video.[/QUOTE]

Tried that on a sony triiton TV it dose not have a progressive scan mode but dose have component connections.

I’ll just have to pop the board and discharge it I don’t have progressive scan neither dose anyone I know.

I have it working and all but now I gots another noob question, how can I unlock the region on this thing?

There are no hack codes for that player that I can find.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2212501]There are no hack codes for that player that I can find.[/QUOTE]

Its strange the seller on ebay said they had them and would apply them for 5$ or so more , eh maybe its such a crappy/under used model its not well known, it is a trutech after all. LOL

edit
I spent 2 hours this morning around 5 looking for some but no luck.

Took me a week or so but its the I/P button it changes it from interlace and progressive scan!

Thanks for replying,
do you mean the p-scan button? Could you give me a little more info, i pressed the p-scan button and nothing happened :frowning:
thanks

[QUOTE=emmaslade1;2490488]Thanks for replying,
do you mean the p-scan button? Could you give me a little more info, i pressed the p-scan button and nothing happened :frowning:
thanks[/QUOTE]

Its the I/P button, at least on mine it is.