Reset Problem

vbimport

Was having some problems with my computer, a Dell XPS 8700, 1T HD 16 Ram .i7,Tried to reset to factory, got this message, “Unable to reset PC. A required partition is missing.” Any help appreciated.

Anyone?

We’d just be guessing, but the partition reserved for the factory image may be inaccessible or corrupted.

Talk to Dell.

Kerry,Thanks as always, it is. I have my own Win 8.0 disk can it be used somehow? What if I formatted the HD would my disk work<

If you have a separate key for that Windows 8 disc, then yes, you should be able to install the operating system again.

You will lose the activation key that comes with the Dell computer, because they use their own version of the operating system that allows them to install without having to contact Microsoft. The Dell version checks the bios of the computer to make sure it is being installed into approved hardware.

Dell might have another option for you, which is why I said you should contact them.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2767232]If you have a separate key for that Windows 8 disc, then yes, you should be able to install the operating system again.

You will lose the activation key that comes with the Dell computer, because they use their own version of the operating system that allows them to install without having to contact Microsoft. The Dell version checks the bios of the computer to make sure it is being installed into approved hardware.

Dell might have another option for you, which is why I said you should contact them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kerry, Dell is sending me an OS disk and Driver disks hope it works out OK, BTW Dell customer service was excellent.