Reservoir Dogs (Long rip time)

vbimport

Hey CD Freaks, I have DVD Fab 5.0.9.0 and just backed up Reservoir Dogs. Everything was fine except the rip time was 1hr. and 6 min. Is this normal for some titles? Thanks

[QUOTE=swampwizard;2128029]Hey CD Freaks, I have DVD Fab 5.0.9.0 and just backed up Reservoir Dogs. Everything was fine except the rip time was 1hr. and 6 min. Is this normal for some titles? Thanks[/QUOTE]

No it is not normal at all, you need to check the drives transfer rate and make sure it is in DMA modeand not in PIO mode.
or just open common settings in DVDFab and on the General page click on “RESET DMA”

I went into general settings and reset DMA. Noticed a check for auto reset? Thanks Storm Jumper;)

[QUOTE=swampwizard;2128056]I went into general settings and reset DMA. [B]Noticed a check for auto reset?[/B] Thanks Storm Jumper;)[/QUOTE]Is it checked? I leave mine checked. Also when you have a disc that your drive has problems reading after so many CRC errors, the drive will fall back to PIO mode.

I honestly have never used the Reset DMA feature in DVDFab so i don’t know how well it works. Same with the Check for DMA automatically. I guess they both do work.

Any time swampwizard :smiley: