Researchers create lab on DVD - normal DVD reader detects HIV

vbimport

I just posted the article Researchers create lab on DVD - normal DVD reader detects HIV.

Swedish researchers have modified a consumer grade DVD reader into a bio-scanner.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/researchers-create-lab-on-dvd-normal-dvd-reader-detects-hiv-66847/](http://www.myce.com/news/researchers-create-lab-on-dvd-normal-dvd-reader-detects-hiv-66847/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Just don’t scan the disc with Norton, I’m sure HIV ain’t in its definitions database. :slight_smile:

Scanning with norton antivirus … I wonder how many false positives will occur … and how often the testers will hang/crash the patient, and/or nag the patient to upgrade their nose/breasts/penis/etc to a “better” version, or subscribe to ongoing testing :stuck_out_tongue:

well how creative! Just think, on the rare occurrence cd/dvd discs have been known to shatter at high rpms. that potentially creates a biohazard… how do they “LOCK DOWN” the samples onto the disc? between the substrate? there are already cheaper biochemical tests to detect the virus-- the only reason you’d want to see it up close is to know if it’s “dead” or inactivated.

I tried to scan myself with a free trial or Norton… I think something went horribly wrong, because i steoet cne jgoeonva coejd54645 afkjelwjfoiaefu
abcdeft hijklmnop

System Crash at 0xIDon’tUseNorton!
System Halted!

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2684262]I tried to scan myself with a free trial or Norton… I think something went horribly wrong, because i steoet cne jgoeonva coejd54645 afkjelwjfoiaefu
abcdeft hijklmnop

System Crash at 0xIDon’tUseNorton!
System Halted![/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: :iagree: a late april fool…

Btw Domi, any link to article you refer to.

Greetings from sweden. :flower:

"Dear Customers,

We’re happy to inform that the slight firmware bug in last week’s release of our DVD Reader which caused HIV to be falsely detected in healthy people and which caused a number of suicides is now fixed in the 1.02 version.

We’re also proud to announce that our pregnancy tester USB pen has been updated to revision 2.15 and no longer accuses pregnancies in non-pregnant women. Apologies to all the destroyed families and the victims of the bloody vendettas carried out as a result in the past month."