Reredigister XP

Does anyone know how to get around registering XP after every reinstall?:bow:

Are you talking about registration or activation? Activation is required, registration is not.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/wpa_activation_vs_registration.mspx?mfr=true

You might also want to look at these questions and answers: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/xpinstall/4._Registration_and_Activation

Yes I get around it by keeping an Acronis disc image that has an activated XP plus all my other programs, When I need to reinstall it takes around 10 minutes as opposed to a day or more installing from the software discs.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2447971]Yes I get around it by keeping an Acronis disc image that has an activated XP plus all my other programs, When I need to reinstall it takes around 10 minutes as opposed to a day or more installing from the software discs.[/QUOTE]

That only works if it’s on your own computer and with it’s own custom setup. Move it to another system and trouble is bound to happen. When you do that you will have to do a fresh install and make a new image of it just for that computer and but that image won’t work on another cause of the different hardware and motherboard drivers.

Use a volume license key.

[QUOTE=brokenbuga;2448015]Use a volume license key.[/QUOTE]

Why would a single XP user buy volume licenses-that does cost more?? I am talking the perspective of just one computer and the owner. Plus register is different then activation as mention by Kerry56. Second part one can go without.

No need to get huffy about details, I was only answering the question. Many do not have access to volume license software, I understand.

No huffing here just saying it makes it hard to get a volume license when it’s just one computer and user. I wouldn’t mind getting volume licenses but I fear it would or might cost a good penny… :frowning: That would be something good to have if it wasn’t so expensive for a single O/S but I see where they sell XP SP3 builder for around $140 US…not too bad… :cool: