Rerecording over a full RW dvd disc

vbimport

I have a new Toshiba dr420 dvd recorder/player. I filled a RW disc and can’t seem to rewrite over it. When I tried to record it said disc was full. How do I erase the disc so I can reuse it. I have this system so I can record my programs each day like I did with my VHS recorder. But it’s not working well so far. Any tips?:confused:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Did you search in the user manual how to erase a disc?

Alternatively try to use ImgBurn to do a FULL erase of the disc. Once you install the software (it’s free), select WRITE mode, then go to menu Tools --> Drive --> Erase Disc --> Full

This should solve :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m using a dvd recorder w/tv not pc. But I will look in menu to see if I can rw disc or erase. I tho’t it was auto like vcr. Thanks for help.

Some dVD recorders refer to the erase as "format"
Either way It is probably in your setup menu.

Thanks, I found it as “format”. Why do they do that? It makes it so hard for beginners. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Petiebrown;2565978]Thanks, I found it as “format”. Why do they do that? It makes it so hard for beginners. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Your welcome. I don’t know why different manufacturers use different terms.
I wouldn’t want an erase button on the remote though .To easy to hit by accident.
When an RW goes bad & they all eventually do you will get a message similar to " This disc can’t be recorded on " or maybe just an error.

The manual is made for a purpose.