Request to Olli unless it requires a lot of extra work

vbimport

hi people. i have a request to olli: if it is not too herd/time/money consuming, can you somehow continue v.3 by making more updates -

what i mean is, i prefer to use version 3(as do many people), but you are continually making advances in cloncd (drive support, new features etc) but these advances are only given in clonecd version 4. if it is easy to do , can you also have version four updates as well on your site. this is quite an audacious request, and feel free to refuse if it not easy to do, but if it is, can you do it please?

thanks for reading.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]hi people. i have a request to olli: if it is not too herd/time/money consuming, can you somehow continue v.3 by making more updates -

what i mean is, i prefer to use version 3(as do many people), but you are continually making advances in cloncd (drive support, new features etc) but these advances are only given in clonecd version 4. if it is easy to do , can you also have version four updates as well on your site. this is quite an audacious request, and feel free to refuse if it not easy to do, but if it is, can you do it please?

thanks for reading. [/B]

Well, I can understand that some people like CloneCD 3 better than 4 (some like even CloneCD 2 more than 3).

However, IMHO CloneCD 4 is really cool if you got used to it, and it is too much work to maintain two “CloneCD” products. We have a lot of much more interesting things in development and we simply don’t have the time and resources, and in the kong run I doubt the usefulness of this approach.

You can have CloneCD 3 & 4 installed at the same time, so you can benefit of some fixes in CloneCD 4 (like the new Tray Icon and driver fixes).

If you dare, do this:

1.) Install CloneCD 3 latest version.
2.) Goto Program Files\Elaborate Bytes
3.) Make a copy of CloneCD folder, name it CloneCD3
4.) Install CloneCD4 (which will uninstall CloneCD3)
5.) Reboot.
6.) Create a shortcut to Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD3\CloneCD.exe

Note that this trick isn’t “officially” supported, so don’t ask elby tech support if you mess up things. It is the cleanest method to have both versions installed.

Originally posted by olli
However, IMHO CloneCD 4 is really cool if you got used to it, and it is too much work to maintain two “CloneCD” products. We have a lot of much more interesting things in development and we simply don’t have the time and resources, and in the kong run I doubt the usefulness of this approach.

Fully understood :slight_smile:

thanks for the work around anyway :smiley:

I wish Olli can make a feature that lets you change between profiles and checkboxes :wink:
I liked the checkboxes better :smiley:

Originally posted by softwareguy
I wish Olli can make a feature that lets you change between profiles and checkboxes :wink:
I liked the checkboxes better :smiley:

Hey, you now have profiles with checkboxes! :slight_smile:

No… I doesn’t mean that…
I mean that the oprtions are all contained in one page (unlike profiles)… :wink:
I think that profiles are confusing… LOL

I think that profiles are confusing… LOL

? how are the profiles conusing?:confused: you want to copy a game use game profile want to copy audio cd use audio profile.Or make your own profiles for diff protections. How the hell is this confusing??? this could not be any EASIER
:slight_smile:

Originally posted by slayerking
[B]

How the hell is this confusing?
[/B]
Blah. He’s just dumb (but he’s got more karma than me :frowning: )

Blah. He’s just dumb

ye that could be the ONLY reason:p

nah, numpty
YOU ARE DUMB!
you are going to this board pissing people off and I never seen you done a good thing…

Also the reason I don’t like profile is that you must create a new profile on the first use, and can’t use CCD without the profiles, also If you need to change one single checkbox, you will need to go edit the profile (which is sometimes annonying),That’s why!

also, i change the read / write speed almost every time i read / write, depending on how muck time i have to copy cd’s ect :frowning:

Also the reason I don’t like profile is that you must create a new profile on the first use, and can’t use CCD without the profiles, also If you need to change one single checkbox, you will need to go edit the profile (which is sometimes annonying),That’s why!
You can find all the (extra) CloneCD Profiles you’ll ever need right here :wink: And why would you need to edit a Profile? No need for this if you have set-up the Profiles correctly. If you get used to CCD4 you’ll never go back to CCD 3 :wink:

And people, no need for namecalling. Mind your language.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
If you get used to CCD4 you’ll never go back to CCD 3 :wink:
but u cant change read / write speed every time you burn! :frowning:

Originally posted by shuebhussain
but u cant change read / write speed every time you burn! :frowning:

You can change the write speed without editing profiles.

How about settings :frowning:

How about settings :frowning:
…um…meaning what?

[B]nah, numpty
YOU ARE DUMB!
you are going to this board pissing people off and I never seen you done a good thing…

Also the reason I don’t like profile is that you must create a new profile on the first use, and can’t use CCD without the profiles, also If you need to change one single checkbox, you will need to go edit the profile (which is sometimes annonying),That’s why! [/B]

Even if you don’t want to use the profiles suggested by G@M3FR3@K, it isn’t correct to say you need to create a new profile on first use.
Olli has kindly included 4 basic profiles, each of which is an absolute no-brainer to use and which will work for probably 99% of all cds if you choose the right one. (Thanx Olli:D)

Sure the game cd profile contains a number of settings which won’t be needed for any particular cd (eg. you don’t need fes for securerom and you don’t need to read or write subs for safedisc) but the fact of the matter is that so long as your burner is compatible with the relevant protection the game cd profile will give you a successful copy of any cd with one of the major protections (safedisc, securerom and laserlock).