Request to OLLI and / or any other CLONECD boyz

vbimport

Hi guys. i want to make 2 requests for future versions of CLONECD.

1 Plz can CloneCD support burning of *.iso images- i really like the way CloneCD works and i would like it to do all my burning tasks (i dont want to continue using nero)

2 Plz can you make an option in CCD 4 that will allow a switch to the old style where u choose ur own settings...possibly when you start the program??? I made a requset earlier to contine v.3 but this is a different request. Surely this would not be too much work since after doing it once?? (i like things like regeneratre...)

I have no idea if the above are esay to do but i hope they are :wink:

Please can people back me up if you agree :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I don’t like the new style either. I prefer having all possible options (e.g. options for reading) in one single form / windows.

Ohhhhhh boys, this is a big wish for me too, expecially point two!!!

I do not seem to have a problem with Clone CD 4, its actually quite cool, making profiles and stuff. However, a cool option would be to adjust the Read Retries from sector ###-#### because putting 3 Read Retries always works for me when reading weak sectors, ALWAYS

i support your requests

I go with you guys, although I don’t believe this will ever happen!

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]
1 Plz can CloneCD support burning of *.iso images- i really like the way CloneCD works and i would like it to do all my burning tasks (i dont want to continue using nero)

[/B]

If you have an iso image, then you obviously have a program that creates them, just use that program IE: Nero to burn the image to the CD.

:cop:Unless you somehow get ISO’s from another place ? :cop:

Olli has stated before he is working on a mastering program…

I would love to see clonecd support writing…iso and.bin/cue…but remember clonecd is a replicating program…

An .ISO contains all of the information necessary for a disc to be written. All the information main channel & sub channel is written from bit 1 to the end bit, sequentially, if you like. CloneCD, on the other hand, treats subs data in a proprietory manner. The subs data (whether present or just regenerated) is streamed at the same time as the main channel data - this is the trick of CloneCD and why it was so successful with subs protection.

That’s as best I understand it and perhaps too simplistic for some uber-gurus, but CloneCD burning .ISOs? Hmmmm…what’s the point? Perhaps all the tricks of Olli’s trade could not be brought to bear when dealing with .ISOs.

I have to agree on this one; I prefer the interface for V3.

And I would have to disagree :wink: I can’t see why you would want to go back to the old interface. When you just use the custom Profiles and the default Profiles you can just doubleclick on the desired Profile and you’re good to go. Ok this is of course a personal opinion but to me it seems CloneCD has never been easier to use…

I would like it indeed that CloneCD can burn .ISO images , but i doubt that it will ever be implemented since it is a CLONING product , not a “i have an .iso and i want to burn it now” product.
I am NOT talking about illegal software/warez here !
You can download plenty legal .ISO files of the internet ( www.linuxiso.org for instance )

So therefore CloneCD should support only it’s OWN images. The fact that it CAN store images (to write those later or on a different computer) has to be seen as a FEATURE and not a main task of the actual program.

As for the interface … who freaking cares… i really don’t care how it looks … it’s not a graphic tool … it’s a cd clone program. In my honest opinion CloneCD4 has an easier interface than 3 and how the icons and style is is not an issue.

A more handy feature would be a 1-Click approach (so to say a default profile). Put in source cd. put in target cd . click … and it burns. Now i have to click , next , click , next , etc…

There’s nothing that dissapoints me more in software than software that doesn’t focus on it’s main task (Icq is a good example, with its freaking additions , skins and other useless crap).

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere

There’s nothing that dissapoints me more in software than software that doesn’t focus on it’s main task (Icq is a good example, with its freaking additions , skins and other useless crap).

What?! Do you get a Grumpy Licence after 4000 posts, or what? Oh yeah, Tax got his ages ago, I forgot :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by FutureProof
What?! Do you get a Grumpy Licence after 4000 posts, or what? Oh yeah, Tax got his ages ago, I forgot :stuck_out_tongue:

Well , i got quite angry at icq when they updated it with those “Extra features” if that’s what you mean. I’m not that grumpy today :slight_smile:

Yeh it would be great to burn isos and bins and cues,but one more thing i really want is the option for burning data,you know just backing up heaps of different files like zips mpegs jpegs or what ever,usally i use nero,but it would be awsome to have clone cd do it all.

You can’t imagin the time it takes to program the creation of an iso file system (incl. mode 1, mode 2 form 1, mode 2 form 2, 8.3 / 31, joliet decriptor etc).

There’s no sense in spending time on this…

Well as with New design, I agree with G@M3FR3@K.

The New interface is by far easier to deal with specially for the first timers (taking the guess work out) and as for regular users, it provides full control over the writing and reading ability of the burner.

The profiles do a great job in doing that too !

Just to point it out again…it has been said several times …IT is a cloning program not mastering program…

Olli said in the past he was working on a mastering program…I hope he does produce one…you can bet it would be reliable and well supported…

CloneCD is not -and never wanted to be- a matering software.
YES, Olli is working on a mastering software and it realy is a lot of work and takes time, time and time to create a good proggi.
Wihle you are waiting and waiting, please use NERO, you get it with every CD writer you buy, for free. :slight_smile:

2 Plz can you make an option in CCD 4 that will allow a switch to the old style where u choose ur own settings…possibly when you start the program??? I made a requset earlier to contine v.3 but this is a different request. Surely this would not be too much work since after doing it once?? (i like things like regeneratre…)

SORRY guys, CloneCD 3 is -like CloneCD 1 and CloneCD 2- dead. :bow:

There have been a lot of smaler bugs in version 3 and a lot of code have been written new for version 4, ist not only the interface that changed, the structur of CloneCD is different as well.
We wanted CloneCD more easy to use for beginners and for the user, who know the right mouse buttom, there is an expert mode with all the options that are “useful”.

Of course it would be wonderful to have a CD copy proggi with just one buttom “DO IT”, but there are too much different devices and some settings should be done by the user, like “DO IT FAST, NOW” or “I WANT A GOOD QUALITY AUDIO BACKUP”.
I think the option to create your own profiles and make the right settings for every device in your system is not so bad. :smiley:

Regards, sven (the horse)

BTW, the profiles are good, but I have to surely agree to the poster. For me, CloneCD 4’s options is everywhere and making me hard to find where the option is, as if you saw my post b4, making a switch button for CCD4 will surely be great (1 page options without all that finding, and right clicking the writer and all those stuff), and I do also agree on burning ISO on CCD, it will make it very great, and also maybe some other formats such as bin or nrg :wink:
Here’s also 1 request from me is that to add a option to allow the user to combine the images together and with a different file ext., That will be great so I don’t mess around with the other 2 files :stuck_out_tongue:

And one question for all of ya!
Because an ISO is all combined into one file, is there anyway CCD can store (subchannel or read errors) on a ISO file? For me now, I don’t very understand this :wink: If CCD can store it on a ISO file and some other burning proggy can also burn it, that will be a good feature to add also :bow: