Request Sonic RecordNow 7.1 Help

I am brand new. First Post. Only the second forum I have been involved with. I would like help with a Sonic RecordNow 7.1 problem, but I want to know how to post correctly. I am retired so this is a little new for me.

Thanks

[QUOTE=sidiko;2013913]I am brand new. First Post. Only the second forum I have been involved with. I would like help with a Sonic RecordNow 7.1 problem, but I want to know how to post correctly. I am retired so this is a little new for me.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Ok, Well first off what kinda problem or error message are you getting? When and how long has this been happening? Also what or if you did any upgrades prior to this problem happening? What kinda system do you have and the O/S? As well as what kinda media are you using? That should be a start there and then the rest of the readers can go from there.

Hey, I knew I was posting insufficient information, I just wanted to know my first post was not severly breaking any forum edicate. Here is the full deal:

I am a newbie too, this is my first post. I have a Dell Desktop. More info from XP “sys report” in a bit.

I have a limited version of Sonic RecordNow 7.1 (ver 7.1 Dell LE) that ran like a champ for years. No problems copying optical media ever, UNTIL, I installed 123CopyDVD 2008. I copied a few disks with 123CopyDVD and that went OK.

Later, Sonic RecordNow starting irratic behavior, hanging, etc. It did not appear to be media dependent at all. When incorrect behavior was noted, I would close the application (so I thought) and try and restart the application. It would not APPEAR TO restart. Not in Windows Task Manager - Applications. No where to be found, not minimized, ALT-Tab no luck, gone, vanished, shazaam! I would have to reboot.

Months later, showed this to my bro-in-law during a “bad” episode. He opened Windows Task Manager - Processes and bingo! Right there in the list read “RecordNow.” He says, “look there, it thinks it is still running!” We halted the appl right there. Then clicking on the icon would correctly launch Sonic RecordNow 7.1. This is a workaround that I have to remember and deal with often. Obviously, I would like to fix it.

I THINK THAT WILL BE THE LAST TIME I EVER INSTALL MORE THAN ONE OPTICAL BURN APPLICATION ON MY COMPUTER EVER AGAIN.

Uninstalled the 123 product!!! Removed, Reinstalled Sonic from Dell disks several times. Went to Sonic site, added all available upgrades, a patch and an engine tweek if I recall. Several times!

My simple, much loved, loyal, dependable application is still hosed big time.

I tried some registry cleaners but the problem is still there, ie, the application drifts off into the “weeds.” Not related to media, I am almost positive, empty drives produce same problem. Firmware is up to date, just checked with Philips Updater and the Pioneer Firmware exe appl.

I have one internal DVD recorder - Philips, one new USB - Pioneer. System info is below. (By the way, a 2003 driver for both drives)?

Well, I bet this just broke all the first post records for duration/length! (And 50 wacks)?

Any ideas?

[System Summary]
Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dimension 8400
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A02, 8/23/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)”
User Name DESKTOP\Babjak
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 279.69 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.40 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

System Information report written at: 03/05/08 23:00:10
System Name: DESKTOP
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dimension 8400
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A02, 8/23/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 279.69 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Drive E:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded No
Media Type CD-ROM
Name PHILIPS DVD+RW DVD8601
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate Not Available
SCSI Target ID 1
PNP Device ID IDE\CDROMPHILIPS_DVD+RW_DVD8601__________________KD10____\594D443031363232303735313439493930303230
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), 48.38 KB (49,536 bytes), 3/31/2003 8:00 AM)

[CD-ROM]
Item Value
Drive J:
Description CD-ROM Drive
Media Loaded Yes
Media Type CD-ROM
Name PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D USB Device
Manufacturer (Standard CD-ROM drives)
Status OK
Transfer Rate Not Available
SCSI Target ID Not Available
PNP Device ID USBSTOR\CDROM&VEN_PIONEER&PROD_DVD-RW__DVR-112D&REV_1.22\6&6EE670C&0
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys (5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158), 48.38 KB (49,536 bytes), 3/31/2003 8:00 AM)

Well do you have the recover cd/dvd that came with your computer when first purchased it? It sounds like a file is gone bad and if you uinstalled it and reinstalled the Sonic and it still didn’t work. Could be time to use those recovery cd/dvd to reboot your computer to when you first bought it to fix the problem. It sounds to me like a important file was either corrupted or damaged by the 123Copy software install if your saying you had problem when you installed it. Also if you wanting to there is a free version of dvdfab that will copy your media as well but only to DL media format. I would stay away from less well known name dvd copy software and stick with either dvdfab plat the paid version that also has trial date or also slysoft Anydvd in conjunction with Clonedvd that will compress a movie dvd to dvd5 media format. This might be more then you need but I would definitely see if you can use your recovery cd/dvd for you dell to fix your problem if reinstall the apps won’t fix the problem.

You should run configuration tool to stop 123… from running all the time in the back ground causing Sonic to be pesky. Type MSCONFIG in the run window, click startup tab, then find and disable your 123… software or unistall 123… all together.