Reputable sellers that ship to Europe

Hello,
I would like to buy Taiyo Yuden DVD-R but I would like to do it from a reputable seller. I know that “Rima” is one of them, but it doesn’t send to europe.
Has anyone bought from “genesysdtp”? Are his TY fakes?

[QUOTE=orqui_dea;2135537]Hello,
I would like to buy Taiyo Yuden DVD-R but I would like to do it from a reputable seller. I know that “Rima” is one of them, but it doesn’t send to europe.
Has anyone bought from “genesysdtp”? Are his TY fakes?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CD Freaks.

Assuming that you are in Europe, why would you want to buy from
outside of Europe? TY discs are relatively plentiful in Europe,
you can even get them in some of the local shops here in Ireland.

You can avoid import duty and high shipping charges by buying
from within the EU.

http://svp.co.uk/category/dvd_minus_r_non_minus_printable/5/

ps: This probably belongs in the Blank Media forum and not in here.

• Thread moved from [I]Media Testing/Identifying Software[/I] sub-forum to [I]Blank Media[/I] forum * *

I also suggest SVP in the U.K. which ship to many European countries.

They have a wide selection of genuine Taiyo Yuden media.

You can also find some Taiyo Yuden media at xmediatrade, DamroTech and Nierle.

[QUOTE=skelton;2135548]Welcome to CD Freaks.

Assuming that you are in Europe, why would you want to buy from
outside of Europe? TY discs are relatively plentiful in Europe,
you can even get them in some of the local shops here in Ireland.

You can avoid import duty and high shipping charges by buying
from within the EU.

http://svp.co.uk/category/dvd_minus_r_non_minus_printable/5/

ps: This probably belongs in the Blank Media forum and not in here.[/QUOTE]

Hi,
Thanks for the web, but I have been looking the price and the shipping cost and are higher than will cost me from USA (even with 20% taxes) .
To Ireland shipping charges are just 8,1 but to the rest of europe are 15pounds.
For example: 100 Taiyo Yuden White printable will cost me almost 100$ (55 pounds).
Think that when I import from USA I paid import duty but not VAT, in UK I had to paid the VAT that is almost the same that import duty and the price of the disc are pretty higher.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2135563]I also suggest SVP in the U.K. which ship to many European countries.

They have a wide selection of genuine Taiyo Yuden media.

You can also find some Taiyo Yuden media at xmediatrade, DamroTech and Nierle.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the webs, Nierle has very good prices (33€ - 100 Taiyo Yuden White printable ), and shipping charges are affordable, but I had doubts about if their TY were authentic, can you confirm it?

TY is indeed cheaper in the US than in Europe, which is why I’ve used far more MCC004 than YUDEN00T02 during the last years.

Personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable to buy overseas since return costs would be huge. I’ve had to return media several times, even TY. The problem was not the quality of the discs but… damage during transport. :a

Have it your way of course.

BTW SVP has a great customer service and returns are not such a great fuss with them.

[quote=orqui_dea;2135574]Thank you very much for the webs, Nierle has very good prices (33€ - 100 Taiyo Yuden White printable ), and shipping charges are affordable, but I had doubts about if their TY were authentic, can you confirm it?[/quote] I cannot confirm whether Nierle sell genuine, fake or both types of Taiyo Yuden media, but you can read some other opinions here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/nierle-sells-fake-media-right-now-243733/#post2049972

and here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/brands-disc-types-fake-taiyo-yudens-112854/index29.html#post1946054

I personally think that Nierle may have both types, some being genuine (marked with Taiyo Yuden logo) and some being fake (no logo, just a Taiyo Yuden media code), but I haven’t ordered any Taiyo Yuden media from Nierle.

The reviews of Maxell (un)branded Taiyo Yuden 16x DVD+R and 16x DVD-R media at SVP seem to indicate they are good and genuine, and they are certainly the most affordable Taiyo Yudens I have seen in a while (£12.49/£12.16 for 100pc). I have no personal experience with these particular Taiyo Yudens, however.

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2135577]
Personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable to buy overseas since return costs would be huge. I’ve had to return media several times, even TY. The problem was not the quality of the discs but… damage during transport. :a
.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I hadn’t thought about having to return the packet.
One stupid question, if it is damaged during transport is not cover by insurance?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2135581]I cannot confirm whether Nierle sell genuine, fake or both types of Taiyo Yuden media, but you can read some other opinions here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/nierle-sells-fake-media-right-now-243733/#post2049972

and here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/brands-disc-types-fake-taiyo-yudens-112854/index29.html#post1946054

I personally think that Nierle may have both types, some being genuine (marked with Taiyo Yuden logo) and some being fake (no logo, just a Taiyo Yuden media code), but I haven’t ordered any Taiyo Yuden media from Nierle.

The reviews of Maxell (un)branded Taiyo Yuden 16x DVD+R and 16x DVD-R media at SVP seem to indicate they are good and genuine, and they are certainly the most affordable Taiyo Yudens I have seen in a while (£12.49/£12.16 for 100pc). I have no personal experience with these particular Taiyo Yudens, however.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the posts, I will be great if someone that have bought them could have confirmed with a test(PI/PIE) that they are authentic :slight_smile:
About Maxell is a good price, but what I’m looking for is just DVD printable, since I already have more than 200 units of blank verbatim, (with them I had never had to throw one to the bin, and the test I have run are not bad :slight_smile: )
The reason of buying new DVD when I had so much is that I had bought a DVD printer I want to personalize my DVD (and well, better look for best quality that it seems to be TY :wink:
I will probably try Nierle and I will post my fate if that can help the next ones :smiley:

Thanks again for all your replies :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=orqui_dea;2135601]To be honest I hadn’t thought about having to return the packet.
One stupid question, if it is damaged during transport is not cover by insurance?[/QUOTE]Not at the usual shipping charges. :disagree: - insurance would be additional charge. So having to pay or not for the returns is up to the shops.

That’s why resellers/shops policies, as well a shipping distance, are extremely important, IMO, when shopping online for good which can be senstitive to shipping conditions. More important than lowest selling price.

Of course that’s my way to look at things, based on past experience of damage media during shipping. I prefer to pay a little more but get peace of mind. Same philosophy applies with media quality, BTW. :wink:

:iagree: It’s a fact. That they sell both stuff.

[QUOTE=orqui_dea;2135601]To be honest I hadn’t thought about having to return the packet.
One stupid question, if it is damaged during transport is not cover by insurance?[/quote]
Not covered by an insurance. So it depends on the store, like Francksoy allready said.