Reports: Yanks, Burnett agree on five-year, $82.5 million deal

vbimport

Yankees continue their spending spree. They’ve thrown lots of money towards talented players that have been nothing but flops so far.

We’ll see…

BRONX, NEW YORK (TICKER) —A.J. Burnett apparently is set to join CC Sabathia as high-priced pitchers in pinstripes.

Burnett and the New York Yankees agreed in principle to a five-year, $82.5 million contract Friday, according to multiple reports.

The deal, which was initially reported by FOXSports.com, is pending Burnett’s physical. The Yankees have not commented on the reports.

The Yankees made the biggest splash of the offseason by luring Sabathia, the top available starter, to a seven-year contract worth $161 million - the richest deal ever given to a pitcher.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ak2NmCsQCpbPE66VWYtDpIA5nYcB?slug=txyankeesburnett&prov=st&type=lgns

Didn’t I read we were in a recession? I guess not LOL.:wink:

Well, a Florida Marlins official criticized the Yankees for spending such high amounts of money when the country is in a recession. Don’t ask me why an official with a struggling baseball team feels the need to talk about a much more successful baseball franchise. :o

Well they will not get money from me to pay Burnett