Report: Movie pirates happy to spend money on content, music pirates not

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Report: Movie pirates happy to spend money on content, music pirates not[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2010/09/Simpsons-download.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/report-movie-pirates-happy-to-spend-money-on-content-music-pirates-not-71436

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

What about Pirates that download both?

[QUOTE=debro;2726969]What about Pirates that download both?[/QUOTE]

That’s obvious, they spend the money they save on CDs on movies. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

The three classes of pirate…

1. I’d buy it if you let me have it sooner (which may be a LOT of movie pirates)
  2. I’d buy it if it was cheaper
  3. Buy? what!

[QUOTE=Matth;2727013]The three classes of pirate…

1. I’d buy it if you let me have it sooner (which may be a LOT of movie pirates)
  3. Buy? what![/QUOTE]

This I like especially number 3 choice… lmao…

Don’t forget number 4: I’d buy it if Icould actually play it (in other words, if it wasn’t for DRM).

I use Youtube to find bands and then buy a CD. But getting a CD isn’t always easy. Many bands make only a few CD for an album and rely mostly on MP3. Getting a CD from those is either impossible or ridiculously expensive (sort of a collector’s item). FLAC would be ok but I rarely find those for sale.

I have a few movies on DVD but they are mostly gifts. I rarely watch TV or movies.

[QUOTE=Matth;2727013]The three classes of pirate…

3. Buy? what![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2727021]Don’t forget number 4: I’d buy it if Icould actually play it (in other words, if it wasn’t for DRM).[/QUOTE]

IMHO,[B]5[/B] is the most applicable for pirates:
'I grab it,because I can…but I’d never pay any dime for it!And if I can’t find it,I’ll look for something else…:bigsmile:'
And that’s the big misconception from the multimedia industry…they calculate their ‘lost profit’ from the total amount of downloads,but 70% of the pirates would never buy it anyway…:disagree:
It’s time to do their homework again about the realistic financial damage…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2727044]IMHO,[B]5[/B] is the most applicable for pirates:
‘I grab it,because I can…but I’d never pay any dime for it!And if I can’t find it,I’ll look for something else…:bigsmile:’[/QUOTE]
You forgot [B]6[/B] as an addition to number 5
I will download everything that I can - just for having it in my collection. I’d never watch the film/listen to the music but at least I could at any time I want to.