I have already used your forums, but now I wanted to reply to another user quoting only a part of his thread. How must I do?
Thanks.

:wink:

Step 1: Copy into the clipboard the text.
Step 2: Press the Quote button.
Step 3: Paste the text and press Ok.

Thanks guys!

[QUOTE=Bestiuta;323724]Step 1: Copy into the clipboard the text.
Step 2: Press the Quote button.
Step 3: Paste the text and press Ok.[/QUOTE]

Hey…I did it!!!

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990]Hey…I did it!!![/QUOTE]

And you just replied to a [B][I][U]nine[/U][/I][/B] year old thread!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2597008]And you just replied to a [B][I][U]nine[/U][/I][/B] year old thread![/QUOTE]

Well how about that…I google searched how to “Reply with quote” and Club MyCE was the first site with a anwser :clap:

Never hurts to learn new tricks…Or should I say old tricks?

Pure genius :iagree:

Except it’s easier just to hit ‘Quote and reply’ then remove any text you don’t want if required. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=deanimator;2597012]Pure genius :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I did it too :stuck_out_tongue:

Or something like this:

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990] Hey [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990] … [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990] I [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990] did [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990] it [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2596990] !!! [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2597008]And you just replied to a [B][I][U]nine[/U][/I][/B] year old thread![/QUOTE]

There’s an easy way to stop people once and for all from replying to NINE YEAR OLD threads.

And Stop me from getting further disgusted with people (not just you) on this forum COMMENTING ON POSTING replies to NINE YEAR OLD THREADS.

DELETE the DAMNED NINE YEAR OLD THREADS!!!

And the EIGHT
And the SEVEN
And the SIX
And the FIVE
And the FOUR
and the THREE and mabey even about half of the two year old threads.

lack of forum maintainance and LAZY forum operators are to blame more than the newbies who reply to these “dinosaur threads”.

IF you don’t want to delete them outright put them into an archive that cannot be replied to without a warning screen that tells them they are replying to a dinosaur that is dead, buried fossilized and they are replying to a post made by a user that is long gone…

That’s just my rant on the subject.

And if I recall correctly this isn’t the first time I’ve said it.

But think of the storage space that could be saved deleting anything earlier than a some arbitrary date several years ago…

Think of the bandwidth that would be saved by eliminating all the comments on replying to topics that are dead and should have remained buried…

And while I didn’t waste any paper making MY comment on this subject I did inconvenience a whole lot of electrons…

AD

I think I agreed with AllanDeGroot last time he posted the above. I still do for the most part.
I would even allow the archived topics to be posted to.
However the archived topics responded to would remain in the “Archive” area & would not be on the main forum current posts board. Anyone wanting to check new posts in the “Archive” would need to go to that area to view them. I think that would satisfy both sides.

First Off…I googled it…then I found this thread…That not only told me how to do it,was still open so I could physically do it…and I learned something…So thanks to MyCE for leaving it open!!!:clap::bow:

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2597086]There’s an easy way to stop people once and for all from replying to NINE YEAR OLD threads.

And Stop me from getting further disgusted with people (not just you) on this forum COMMENTING ON POSTING replies to NINE YEAR OLD THREADS.

DELETE the DAMNED NINE YEAR OLD THREADS!!!

And the EIGHT
And the SEVEN
And the SIX
And the FIVE
And the FOUR
and the THREE and mabey even about half of the two year old threads.

lack of forum maintainance and LAZY forum operators are to blame more than the newbies who reply to these “dinosaur threads”.

IF you don’t want to delete them outright put them into an archive that cannot be replied to without a warning screen that tells them they are replying to a dinosaur that is dead, buried fossilized and they are replying to a post made by a user that is long gone…

That’s just my rant on the subject.

And if I recall correctly this isn’t the first time I’ve said it.

But think of the storage space that could be saved deleting anything earlier than a some arbitrary date several years ago…

Think of the bandwidth that would be saved by eliminating all the comments on replying to topics that are dead and should have remained buried…

And while I didn’t waste any paper making MY comment on this subject I did inconvenience a whole lot of electrons…

AD[/QUOTE]

The age of a post doesn’t matter.

The information contained in this thread is as relevant today as it was nine years ago.

I can’t see it becoming irrelevant any time soon either so I’m not quite sure why you’d want this deleted.

If we continually deleted stuff based on age then you’d see the same questions being asked over and over again in new threads.

There’s a wealth of information here at MyCE that’s been built up over the years and I view that as a strength not a weakness.

What’s relevant to one person may be irrelevant to another and IMO it would be foolish to start deleting content based on an arbitrary perception of that relevance.

In any case, I firmly believe that we need to cater for the needs of the community as a whole and it would be wrong to start censoring/excising threads just because a proportion of members happen to find that particular content irrelevant to themselves.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=AIRBUD7;2597153]First Off…I googled it…then I found this thread…That not only told me how to do it,was still open so I could physically do it…and I learned something…So thanks to MyCE for leaving it open!!!:clap::bow:[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why we leave these threads open. :wink:

Glad you found it useful. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=geno888;2597064]I did it too :p[/QUOTE]

OKAY OKAY Mr Geno…very good…gold star etc
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

We know your name is just the short version of your real name “Genoious”

Do we all need something more useful to do other than worry about old (sometimes quite interesting) threads…???

How about answering some of the new threads, and adding useful posts to the most useful thread of all

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2597252]OKAY OKAY Mr Geno…very good…gold star etc
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

We know your name is just the short version of your real name “Genoious”

Do we all need something more useful to do other than worry about old (sometimes quite interesting) threads…???

How about answering some of the new threads, and adding useful posts to the most useful thread of all

:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Done :bigsmile: