Replacement for Deamon Tools

vbimport

Sorry to threadjack, but I was just curious what you two recommend as a replacement for daemon tools then?

Personally, I use Virtual Clonedrive, but Alcohol 52% has a free version and is well thought of; it depends what you want out of your emulation software.

Slainte

midders

I’ve been using Alcohol 52% & have suffered no ill-effects.
As Midders stated, it’s a free version of Alcohol.
It allows up to 6 virtual drives, which I’ve put on shortcuts to on my desktop. That way, I can just right-click on one of the desktop drive icons & select “mount image” & browse to the image & mount it without having to open the Alcohol app.
Also, the “Image making wizard” is pretty useful.

Cool, I’ll have to check it out. I pretty much used Daemon to mount images and burn them with the astroburn plugin to burn them, since vista didn’t have native .iso support.

[QUOTE=sticks435;2476480]I pretty much used Daemon to mount images and burn them with the astroburn plugin to burn them, since vista didn’t have native .iso support.[/QUOTE]
Why not just use ImgBurn? It’s free and highly recommended.

Yea, I’ve been seeing that around here. Honestly, I haven’t burned anything in ages, since I had an external HDD and now have a 500 and 750 GB internal drives.