Replacement for dead drive

So my LG BH10LS30 died this weekend, and I’m looking to replace it. Most of my burning needs are for CD and DVD, so to be honest I’m not even sure I really need a Blu-ray burner, but maybe a combo drive. My first priority is watching Blu-ray movies on my computer, so I need something that isn’t too picky about discs/light scratches, i.e.: a good reader. If it’s AHCI compatible that would be great too, as I don’t want to have to fiddle with my HDDs if I don’t have to.

I can get an ihes112 and similar drives for $59.99, or for the extra $20 I could get the BDR-207DBK if it’s a good reader. If not, I don’t really need the burn capability.

Any suggestions?

So I guess the ihbs112 and BDR-207DBK can both be had for $79.99 so I think I may as well go with a burner. Which of these 2 would better suit my needs?

My vote would go for the Pioneer, but might be just a matter of taste or personal preference. In case you do anything with CD-R, then I’d expect the Pioneer to be the better choice.

Michael

Ended up ordering the Pioneer.

Your LG is past the 1 year warranty? They are very good about replacing it if it is not.

[QUOTE=Saucerful;2655176]Ended up ordering the Pioneer.[/QUOTE]

Good choice!:iagree:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2655292]Your LG is past the 1 year warranty? They are very good about replacing it if it is not.[/QUOTE]

ha… I was going to do that but I bought it in May 2011. So close!