Replacement drive problem

hi , i have just replaced the dvdrw drive in my liteon 5026 as it had stopped working ,i have replaced it with a liteon dh-20a4p this will play burnt dvds etc and record off the hard drive onto disk but it will not let me play a retail dvd ,it trys to start then just says stop as if ive pressed the stop button

any help solving this would be much appreciated ,cheers gaz:sad:

[QUOTE=gazzabaldi;1952350]hi , i have just replaced the dvdrw drive in my liteon 5026 as it had stopped working ,i have replaced it with a liteon dh-20a4p this will play burnt dvds etc and record off the hard drive onto disk but it will not let me play a retail dvd ,it trys to start then just says stop as if ive pressed the stop button

any help solving this would be much appreciated ,cheers gaz:sad:[/QUOTE]

Have you set the region code with a windows PC before installing the drive in the 5026. Region code must be set, or region free firmware must be installed before installing it in any of the LiteON dvd recorders.

no m8 i installed it straight out of the box how would i go about doing what u said cheers gaz

Just install it in your PC play an origional movie with a player such as WinDVD and after it starts the region will be set and you can reinstall it in the liteon unit (you should then be fine). You can also look for a firmware update while it is in you PC.